A song written by New Zealand musicians Neil and Tim Finn and recorded by their band, Crowded House.

Four Seasons was the eighth track on Woodface, the third album by Crowded House, released in 1991. Four Seasons was one of five singles released from the album. It was the lowest charting single on that album, not reaching higher on the Australian charts than #47.

Crowded House still gets a lot of airtime on Australian radio stations, and although it wasn't a huge hit, Four Seasons is one of the songs you hear regularly on the radio. Of the other four singles from Woodface, three (It's Only Natural, Fall At Your Feet and Weather With You) are probably still much more popular, but Chocolate Cake is rarely heard.

The Australian city of Melbourne has notoriously changeable weather and is often described as having 'four seasons in one day'. Neil and Tim Finn's songs frequently reference the weather, including earlier Split Enz songs like Six Months in a Leaky Boat, and later songs like Weather With You and Distant Sun.

Four Seasons in One Day has a line that musically and lyrically references the song Pure Imagination from the movie Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory. I don't know if it means anything, but one always triggers thoughts of the other.

The song has also been covered a few times in tribute to Crowded House - most notably by New Buffalo on the album She Will Have Her Way: The Songs Of Tim & Neil Finn, a collection of their songs covered by female singers.

A reQuested writeup

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.