Beggar from Terry Pratchett's Discworld. Mainly characterized by the fact that he smells so bad, his smell travels before him and reaches his destination before he does. Also mutters various insane things. One time owner (or at least companion) of Gaspode the wonder dog, if memory serves.

Foul Ole Ron is a member of the Beggar's Guild of Ankh-Morpork, one of the oldest Guilds in the city. He is well-known by most of the city's population, mainly because of his very characteristic smell. His smell is so noxious that it has taken on a personality and existence of its own, and now it often likes to arrive in places before Ron himself, so that it can "get settled in". In fact, the Smell is so terrible that it deserves a capital letter.
      Foul Ole Ron lives with Coffin Henry, Arnold Sideways and the Duck Man. For a brief period(during Feet of Clay), Ron was accompanied by a speaking dog of indeterminate identity, which may or may not have been Gaspode. He is often to be heard mumbling his way through the streets of Ankh-Morpork, muttering such gems as "Buggrit, millenium, hand and shrimp!  The worm's on the other boot now, see if he ain't..."

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.