Edible dye used to colour food. Frequently used to make coloured icing for cakes or to whip up a batch of green eggs and ham without risking food poisoning. Food colouring is also sometimes used as cheap body paint. Beware - it takes one hell of a bath to get it out of your skin. I used green food colouring once to evoke nausea in a school project lampooning Jacques Cousteau, and I was green for days afterwards. Some people have allergies to food colouring, particularly the kind containing red dye.

Don't listen to the foul interloper! One hallowe'en I dyed my body blue (no physical costume - not a Smurf, not an axphyxiated dead baby, perhaps just someone in a funk) with food colouring (the remnants of which later ended up in -Blue-) - my mom made me wash it off a couple of days later when she imagined bruises on the walls where I was thought to have brushed against them. Grr! So for hallowe'en night I ended up being a very clean boy. Grr! I hate you mom! You're not the boss of me!

Anyhow, it took much longer to apply than it did to remove, but then again, I was very ... er, thorough. No nook or cranny escaped the loving detail of this craftsman, if you get my drift.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.