This awesome thriller was released in 1990. It was directed by Joel Schumacher and was written by Peter Filardi. The cast includes Kiefer Sutherland, Julia Roberts, Kevin Bacon, William Baldwin, Oliver Platt, Kimberly Scott, and more.

Some lines shouldn't be crossed.

A group of medical students decide to do some of their own research outside of class. The group is lead by Nelson Wright (Kiefer Sutherland) and includes Rachel Mannus (Julia Robers), David Labraccio (Kevin Bacon), Joe Hurley (William Baldwin), and Randy Steckle (Oliver Platt). They are experimenting with near death experiences. Most of them take turns flatlining, stopping their heart, then after so long the rest revive the test subject. Every thing seems to be going well, but their experiences are not the only thing they brought back from the other side. Those that have flatlined start having waking nightmares. The sins of their past are coming back to haunt them. The longer they have been dead the worse the nightmares get.

I really like this movie, dark, creepy, spooky, fairly original. While this movie was made in the 90s it is more of an 80s movie. Kiefer is once again amazing. And the writer and director combine to take us on an adventure into the unknown. The story is interesting and the visual effects seem to fit the mood of the movie really well.

It wasn't such a good day to die.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.