Splinter group from the Nation of Islam. Founded by Clarence 13X, after he expressed doubts over some of the teaching of the NOI. Clarence 13X later changed his name to Father Allah and taught a religion based on numerology and the divine principal that "God is all black men."

One of the tenets of the Five Percenters is that 85 percent of the world is ignorant; 10 percent are the "bloodsuckers of the poor," preying off the world's ignorance; and the last 5 percent are in possession of true wisdom, knowledge, and understanding.

Young Five Percenters are known for their eloquent speaking style and willingness to "drop science" on any brother that will listen.

The Five Percenters teach that the black man is god. (I have frequently heard them say that the white man is the devil as well.) They refer to each other as gods and earths, with gods being male and earths being female. They are heavily into numerology, using the following numbers as symbols:

1: Knowledge
2: Wisdom
3: Understanding
4: Culture - Freedom
5: Power - Refinement
6: Equality
7: God
8: Build - Destroy
9: Born
0: Cipher

From NGE.org, the teachings are:
1. That black people are the original people of the planet earth.

2. That black people are the fathers and mothers of civilization.

3. That the science of Supreme Mathematics is the key to understanding man's relationship to the universe.

4. Islam is a natural way of life, not a religion.

5. That education should be fashioned to enable us to be self sufficient as a people.

6. That each one should teach one according to their knowledge.

7. That the blackman is god and his proper name is ALLAH. Arm, Leg, Leg, Arm, Head.

8. That our children are our link to the future and they must be nurtured, respected, loved, protected and educated.

9. That the unified black family is the vital building block of the nation.

As you can see, the teachings are not at all consistent with tradition Islam, being even further away from it than the Nation of Islam.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.