The Feldenkrais Method is a way of learning about yourself: about how you move your body and parts. It's true that we can perform our daily tasks adequately, but maybe not to our body's full ease or efficiency. This method make you more aware of your own body's movements, to break habitual neuromuscular patterns and to feel more relaxed: somatic education.

There are two formats: group classes or private lessons.

In group classes, called Awareness Through Movement®, the Feldenkrais teacher verbally leads you through a sequence of movements in basic positions: sitting or lying on the floor, standing or sitting in a chair.
Private Feldenkrais lessons, called Functional Integration®, are tailored to each student's individual learning needs; the teacher guides your movements through touch. Those who will benefit from this are those individuals experiencing chronic or acute pain of the back, neck, shoulder, hip, legs or knee.

The Feldenkrais Method is named after its originator, Dr. Moshe Feldenkrais, D.Sc. (1904-1984) a Russian born physicist, judo expert, mechanical engineer and educator.

www.feldenkrais.com for more information. Makes me think of the Alexander technique and ChiQong.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.