"FUGM" is an acronym that, if it hasn't been thought of by somebody else already, I'm inventing it now, means "Fuck you. Got mine." It can be appropriately pronounced "Fugg'em!" because it sounds, of course, like "Fuck 'em" which pretty much means the same thing. I got the idea from one of the latest Photoshop Phridays, this page in particular, third one down. In my opinion, that hilarious image seriously does sum up the ridiculous opposition that is currently in the health care debate in the United States. There are actually valid concerns but rarely are they depicted in the signs held up by the ignorant masses who only go by the talking points issued by their right-wing leaders in Sean Hannity, Rush Limbaugh, and their ilk. "Fuck you. Got mine!" in this context simply means "I already have my health insurance, I'm happy with it, screw everybody else!" and you know that is what they are all thinking, despite what those stupid signs say.

Here are some examples of usage, whereas "FUGM" can be used interchangeably as a noun or adjective:

"You see those ignorant protestors on the side of the road, son, that's FUGM for ya!"

"Dude, those idiots over there are so FUGM!"

FUGM can be used to describe a variety of different contexts that have to do with selfishness wrapped up in a "I've got mine, to hell with everybody else" attitude. Another example could be the same-sex marriage debate. The straight, conservative mouth breathers in this country have their marriage, why give it to the homos when they can literally go to Hell? The same can be said for any attitude on any issue where the lucky few in this country are well set up and don’t care how anybody or everybody else is doing.

CAUTION: USE OF FUGM TOO MUCH CAN TURN YOU INTO A “COMMIE,” IN WHICH CASE YOU MAY BE ACCOSTED BY A LYNCH MOB OF FLAG-WAVING COUNTRY MUSIC STARS.

But seriously.

People in this country need to grow up. We need a term like FUGM – again, if it doesn’t already exist – to easily point these numbskulls out and their fugmistic activities. We need to take those signs, like those depicted in that Photoshop Phriday, and whack them over the head with them, saying “What the FUG is wrong with you?!”

Of course, if you are one of those Republicon shitheads, you can use the term, too, of course.

”Please, sir, may I have some change so that I can--?”

”FUGM!!”

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.