The Everything Guitar Project : The Everything Guide to Guitar Chords : F

You can fake it, if you can not play barre chords

-1-
-1-
-2-
-3-
-X-
-X-

Guitar chords: F major
 
 ======
 1---11
 ------
 |||2||
 ------
 |34|||
 ------
 ||||||
 ------
 FCFACF

or:

 XX
 ======
 ||||11
 ------
 |||2||
 ------
 ||3|||
 ------
 ||||||
 ------
   FACF

Notes:  1  : F
        3  : A
        5  : C

Notorious 80s punk band from South Florida. Featuring Eddie Nothing and Pete Moss of Gay Cowboys in Bondage, they were well-known for their twisted sense of humor (claiming to be vehemently pro-Reagan). F's releases include the "You Are an E.P." LP in 1983 which was recently repressed by Bob Suren of Sound Idea Distribution.

A   B   C   D   E   F   G   H   I   J   K   L   M   N   O   P   Q   R   S   T   U   V   W   X   Y   Z

See also: , ƒ, ƒ, Ғ, ғ, , , , , , ,

EF

'F' or 'f' is:

Values and Representations of "F" and "f"


Of course this writeup wouldn't be complete unless there was a link to the F-word, fuck.

F (ef)

.

1. F is the sixth letter of the English alphabet, and a nonvocal consonant. Its form and sound are from the Latin. The Latin borrowed the form from the Greek digamma , which probably had the value of English w consonant. The form and value of Greek letter came from the Phenician, the ultimate source being probably Egyptian. Etymologically fis most closely related to p,k,v, and b; as in E. five, Gr. ; E. wolf, L. lupus, Gr. ; E. fox, vixen ; fragile, break ; fruit, brook, v. t.; E. bear, L. ferre. See Guide to Pronunciation, §§ 178, 179, 188, 198, 230.

2. Mus.

The name of the fourth tone of the model scale, or scale of C. F sharp ( F# ) is a tone intermediate between F and G.

F clef, the bass clef. See under Clef.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.