Another Decaversary interview? Yes, robwicks was invited to participate, and he's gotten his interview sent in. And it's looking like the Decaversary interviews are going to continue and expand -- more than likely, anyone with ten years on the site is going to be offered a chance to do an interview.

1. What is your name?

Robert Wicks

2. What is your quest?

Mostly to rant. Occasionally to actually say something useful.

3. What is your favorite color?

Blue

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was on slashdot and heard about the site when it was hosted at blockstackers. It intrigued me to just be able to collect all this knowledge and opinions, so I was eager to jump in.

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

It has become much more orderly, a good example of what the Austrian economists call "spontaneous order," where the individual participants gradually establish a set of norms.

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

I think the origin of modern African American names is my favorite of mine. I actually liked Jet-Poop's Ron Paul writeup.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Least favorite would probably be the Amnesiac controversy. Most favorite was Halspal writing a book and sending me a copy.

8. What keeps you coming back?

I have to check in from time to time.

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

Just keep going.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

E2 is a sort of geek party, with lots of social interaction. One of the first things I really noticed about it.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

I don't think it should be defined like that. It's all of these, and more.

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Though I disagreed with him on a lot of stuff, I miss DMan. I also miss Amnesiac. I don't think I could nail down a favorite noder, though.

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Faizon Love

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact robwicks or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.