1. What is your name?

If you can't figure it out from perusing my writeups then you're not worthy. Just go away sad.

2. What is your quest?

I finished my quest, and retired to my castle to drink heavily and molest the servants.

3. What is your favorite color?

White or tan. Ask me tomorrow, it might be black or pink. C'mon, can we stop queering off here?

4. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

Much better. I was pointed to the original Everything site by my special lady at the time. It was beautiful and chaotic, informative and noisy, fractious and fun. I jumped right in to spray my creative juices around, map out my intellecual topology, and compare notes with other users with similar interests.

5. What do you see as the most significant changes that have happened to Everything over the past decade?

The most significant changes were removal of technical limitations. Imagine an Everything limited to 2 writeups per node, and 512 characters per writeup! No usergroups, no scratch pads, etc. All the editorial lulz and faggotry that eventually drove off a lot of entertaining and brilliant noders, all that was possible only because of the removal of technical limitations.

6. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Instead of barfing up a list, I'll just say my favorite faves are bookmarked. Of my own writeups, my favorites are coincidentally ones that I poured effort into, and whored to editors, until they earned a lot of upvotes.

7. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

My favorite memories are of nodermeets I attended where I met a lot of now-fled noders, whose kindness and friendship I'll treasure always. Very shortly after my special lady introduced me to the original Everything, we split up, and E2 kept us in contact way too long; so yeah, there are some pretty unhappy memories there.

8. What keeps you coming back?

Vanity and nostalgia.

9. What do you hope for E2's future?

Heh. I almost said I hope it gets mercifully archived and absorbed into something less pedantic, but that would presume E2 as it exists doesn't satisfy an active user base. And evidently it still does, so I hope it continues to grow in ways that please the active users and attract more like-minded users.

10. What does E2 mean to you?

At one time it meant a lot, being a place to organize and broaden my knowledge, exhibit creative effort, and connect with people with similar interests. It's since become insignificant, and if the server blew up tomorrow it would affect me about as much as losing a junior high yearbook. Which is to say, very little.

11. Is E2 a writing site, a community site, an online encyclopedia, or something else? What should it be?

I don't even remember how I typically described E2 when I was more active; now my favorite explanation is that E2 could and should have been Wikipedia or Urban Dictionary, but didn't have the balls to go to either extreme, so now it's a backwater Internet clique of unfocused literary mediocrity. There is no "raising the bar" in Urban Dictionary and look how successful that is, despite the predominance of irrelevance and illiteracy there. But then UD and Wikipedia don't have community events analogous to nodermeets that I know of. Does E2 still have nodermeets?

12. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Jet-Poop, Roninspoon, and... I forget what that Rockett guy's username is. All entertaining writers. The users with whom I connected early and strongly happen to also be people I still "see" daily on IRC, AIM, and Facebook, so I wouldn't say I miss them. I like to think they know who they are, even though I don't say it as often as I should.

13. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

Steve Buscemi, Tom Green, maybe Steve Carell.

14. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Nope. Good job.

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact ModernAngel or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.