1. What is your name?

Amber Williams

2. Tell us something about you, your background, and what you've been up to lately?

At some point, I had a near nervous breakdown, but with the help of medications, I came out of it by 2012. In the process, I used an old love of creating collages as therapy and no longer need the meds. Exceeding my own expectations, I decided that what I was doing was "art", and I look towards the future with nervous excitement. I write poetry (primarily sonnets) and also belong to a pottery co-op in Rock Island, Illinois.

3. How did you discover Everything, and how did you become a noder?

I was referred to the site from a pen pal in Australia--dustfromamoth. We lost touch years ago, but I wonder what she is up to all of the time.

4. What are your favorite writeups -- both your own and from other noders?

Too many, none of my own.

5. What are your favorite and least favorite memories from E2's history?

Favorite--Receiving C!s used to leave me elated and provided needed reassurance. Least--Most of my bad poetry is deleted by now, but there was a time when it was just out there for anyone to read. A (now) friend (again-kinda?), ex-lover, and muse for my bad poetry stumbled across E2 and called me out... demolishing my false anonymity. We hadn't spoken for years, and I don't think I've ever been more embarrassed.

6. What keeps you coming back (or not coming back, as the case may be)?

Curiosity.

7. What do you hope for E2's future?

Unsure.

8. What does E2 mean to you?

Nostalgic memories of a girl who loved and hated herself equally.

9. Who are your favorite noders? Which ones do you miss the most?

Several favorites but miss dustfromamoth the most.

10. Who would play you in the Everything2 movie?

My character is not worth watching.

11. Please fill in the blank: "E2 is to the Internet as ___ is to the world."

Potting soil.

12. Any questions that I didn't ask that I should've?

Not sure but thank you for asking!

Everything2 Decaversary Interviews

If you have questions or comments, please contact CapSkippy or Jet-Poop.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.