Greek for “next,” this is the name given to a very powerful and mysterious gundam that appears in the second half of the Japanese television series, Gundam Wing. Epyon was built by the former leader of OZ, Treize Khushrenada, but Treize never piloted the Gundam himself. Treze gave Epyon to Heero Yuy when Heero’s Wing Gundam was disabled. Heero fought with Epyon until he entered into a clash with Zechs Merquise who was piloting the Wing Zero Gundam. The battle ended in a stalemate and the two warriors decided to exchange Gundams. From then on, only Zechs would pilot Epyon. Epyon was destroyed in the final episode of Gundam Wing when Zechs engaged the self-destruct button.

Treize Khushrenada based the design of Epyon on that of the Tallgeese and the five gundams sent to earth as part of Operation Meteor. Even so, the ideals and preferences of Treize are clearly evident in Epyon’s design. Epyon eschews cowardly long-range weapons in favor of chivalrous close combat. Epyon’s color scheme is mostly dark red and black with grey and even a few yellow highlights. The humanoid form is augmented with demonic wings, horns, and many sharp edges. The gundam Epyon is beautiful yet it strikes fear into the hearts of its adversaries.

One of Epyon’s chief distinctions from other mobile suits is it’s this piloting mechanism, known as the Zero System. This system connects directly to the pilot’s brain, analyzes all the possible moves the pilot could make, selects the best move, and relates the data directly back to the pilot’s brain. Because of this, the Zero system gives the pilot of Epyon incredible reaction times and fighting ability, matched only by the Gundam Wing Zero which is also outfitted with the Zero System.

Epyon is equipped with a beam saber that is directly connected to its main power supply giving Epyon the most powerful melee weapon in the Gundam Wing universe. This sword single handedly destroyed the massive space station Barge. Epyon also sports a buster shield with connected segmented heat whip. When activated, the whip glows red-hot and is capable of cutting through lesser mobile suits like a hot knife through butter. In addition, Epyon has claws attached to its wrists.

Epyon has the ability to transform into mobile armor mode, which allows it to achieve high-speed flight as well as to conserve power for long distance flights. When in mobile armor mode, Epyon changes its shape from that of a humanoid to a shape that resembles a bird. The claws act as landing gear and the whip trails behind like a tail.

Epyon’s Specifications: Model #: OZ-13MS
Weight: 8500 kg
Height: 17.4 m
Armor: Gundanium Alloy
Equipment: beam saber, heat whip

Epyon’s Stats(regular Leo's being all 100):
Speed: 160
Power: 150
Weapons: 140
Fighting: 160
Armor: 140

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.