Elmer Fudd – cartoon character
"You kwazy wabbit!"

Elmer Fudd is a Looney Tunes cartoon character. With a light bulb head and usually a similarly shaped brown hat he hunts for rabbits, preferably a specific one named Bugs Bunny. Unfortunately for Elmer, Bugs Bunny outsmarts him all the time. He also hunts Daffy Duck without any luck.

Like the wabbit and the duck, Elmer Fudd has a speech impediment: he babbles like a baby with a wobbly voice that refuses to pronounce the R correctly. A little known feature of search engine Google is the option to change its language settings to Elmer Fudd’s. Although this is hardly done consistently, many of the words on your Google-screen will then show as if they were pronounced by the cartoon hunter:

Tip: In most bwowsahs you can just hit da weturn key instead of cwicking on da search button.
Swearched the wwweb for Elmer Fudd. Wesults 1-10 wov abwout 16,100. Swearch twook 0.09 sweconds.
Sewch Tips, uh-hah-hah-hah | All Abwout Gwoogle

Although mostly hunting the trail of Bugs Bunny, Elmer Fudd actually doesn’t like the killing. In the short movie A Wild Hare, he seems have shot the rabbit (as happened in many of their encounters) and howls “I’m a murderer!”.

The voice of Elmer Fudd is Arthur Q. Bryan, but Mel Blanc, Dave Barry and Jeff Bergman also played the silly hunter’s character. Elmer Fudd’s first movie was A Feud There Was (1938). A few of the many movies the character featured in, were called after the childish hunter himself: Elmer's Candid Camera (1940), Good Night Elmer (1940) and Elmer's Pet Rabbit (1941). He would never be the star of a movie after those beginning years, always featuring in the shadow of Bugs Bunny or Daffy Duck. His best known movies include Wabbit Twouble (1941), What's Up Doc? (1950; Elmer Fudd also doing the title song in a duet with Bugs Bunny), What's Opera, Doc? (1957) and The Bugs Bunny/Road Runner Movie (1979).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.