Since the last instalment

I have travelled the world; seen three books published and helped with the production of three others; moved house twice; and started a new job. It's been a while.

Time for a change

I've uhmmed and ahhed about how to address this. The options have included telling you about my current situation (too ego-centric) and regaling you with tales of Yester-E2 and what has come to pass (this isn't a Seder), which leads me to conclude that it is best to just say it. The time has come for me to step down from the role of Director of User Relations. This was a decision based on the best interests of both Everything2 and me. My life has changed in such a way that I no longer have the time to devote adequately to the role. That's not fair on anyone who spends time here. You, rightly, expect me to be able to respond to your queries and concerns in a timely fashion. It's also not fair on the fabulous chanops team. They need someone available and accessible at the helm. At present, that's not something I am able to give.

I'm delighted to announce that Mauler has agreed to assume the Role of Director of User Relations.

I will leave him to share his thoughts on how he wishes to proceed in the role and what his expectations are for chanops. What I do know is that you're all in very safe hands.

An Alan Rusbridger-style valedictory isn't appropriate right now. Or at least, I don't feel capable of writing one. But I do wish to say that I'm immensely proud of chanops, past and present. They are a collection of outstanding individuals who form (or have formed) a stellar team. Between us, we have dealt with all manner of difficult, complicated, emotionally charged, and occasionally bizarre issues. Without them, and their prescience, their calm, their emotional intelligence, their diligence, their abilities to communicate, and their humour, I could never have done my job. Thank you.

Last of all

It's Wimbledon and the sun is shining. It's time for Eton Mess Ice Cream.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.