Yeah, I've really gotten behind on these. My life got busy early December which then segued into the holidays and the start of a new semester. E2 remained busy however with another successful Iron Noder and some changes with a new guest user Front Page and categories.
I know what you did this winter...
Some points of discussion among the staff since November.
- Some fact checking on one of our more mathematical nodes
- Normal responses to blanking writeups, asking for second opinions, and general housekeeping
- The mysterious popularity of E2 as the number of logged in users skyrocketed in mid November (blame AJAX)
- Discussing what level of incomprehensibility is permissible and what should be nuked
- Finalizing the look of the Guest User Front Page
- Policy about linking to porn in writeups (ok as long as it's labeled as such)
- The potential for abuse of categories like insulting softlinks and future policies on that abuse (adding users to categories has since been disabled)
- Policy on noding Wikipedia entries
- New editor toys (Notifications when a writeup is blanked! An archive for catbox topic changes!)
Dr. Strangelove, or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb