August 31, 2000
Everything Editor Logs
backthen | yonderwhen

O dem bones, thou knowest what is in our hearts. Yet still, here be the skinny.

First off, as /msgedst I earlier, congratulations to thee and the most noble and fierce Uberfetus both on his "consecration" as an editor (or as they are known more and more throughout the land, a "protocol droid") and thy sage wisdom in the dispensing therof of said consecration unto the party of the second part, as forementioned named.

The day has has yet clicked over by server time and yet there have been many msgs of errant spellings and corrections thereof.

I began this new day by nuking (without XP loss):

  • Are the gospels reliable? by joeytsai. Why? A new node, freshly born into this vale of tears, but already at -9. "Twas merciful, thought I,
  • super-sexy lesbian by user disaster77. Both single wu and account nuked at suggestion of Shijef. Why? One word wu, user has fled the building.
Some title changes. One that didn't happen because it worked out anyway.

Time for an afternoon nap.

If I can help, msg me your nodewoes, my possums. I'll be back soon.

All right, more nuke requests:

  • Benjamin Sisko by nortonius; Everything Day Logs by Julz. Both suggested by Sudderth.
  • david thrussel by Ciab. As requested.
  • Scandanavian by Rollo. As requested.
  • Leather Goddesses of Phobos by Ant. As suggested by mblase.

I have msg'ed Nero about UH-60 Black Hawk regarding The Custodian's comments that it is a skim job.

I have just nuked three nodeshells left behind by Uberfetus's kills.

jeremy f has pointed out fled user zos's nodes as less than useful. I see that most are at 0, some -10. Thus, into the Crypt slide:

  • kellie is the 1 4 me 4 ever by zos and a reply by Tsetra
  • bands I dig by zos and a reply by Souperman
  • you are the 1 4 me by zos
  • kellie sawyer by zos
  • kellie is sexy by zos and by ufogirl
  • kellie is the most beautiful woman alive by zos
  • Anton Szandor LaVey by zos and by cantsin.
  • Kenneth Grant by zos.
  • Aleister Crowley by zos
  • All Hail Satan by zos.
  • And, finally, zos.

Archetype pointed out that Groundhog, who has been absent since May, could use some editing. Three linkless writeups:

  • spliff
  • Hoggish
  • bps (and also one by z80)
have all vanished into the Crypt. Groundhog's account has been deleted as well, so the username is up for use again.

Yet more title edits.

Subject embarked on mission to fix all the careless errors in a very, very long and very enjoyable writeup written by somebody who is very patient with neurotically detail-oriented editors.

Subject killed venacular by odin. That's not how it's spelled, and the writeup was empty, which makes for an unsatisfying definition (though by chance accurate, since the word doesn't exist). It's not the real Odin anyway, just an ordinary mortal user who hasn't been around for a month. Subject hopes that some benevolent entity on a higher plane of being will remove the nodeshell.

Subject wishes for all to remember that Webster 1913 is thorough. When a word doesn't seem to have a node yet, the enterprising user might be spelling it wrong. The Everything Spell Checker is very real, and it is called "Findings:".

Killed:

  • Things That Rhyme With Orange 2 by wharfinger (April 2, 2000)

    "blancmange?" That user has been annoying me for a while. Decades, if you must know.

  • downvote me fuckers by core

    "See this node? Downvote it, I know you want to." Nobody has any patience with this stuff.

  • Negativity by ohbleeoh

    "a small bug. squished. tiny. tincey. wings. antennae. crawling across my keyboard. squished. dead. mutilated. suffocated. succombed to the greatness of superiorety of being. plik. "

    How the hell can you spell "antennae" right and get "teensy" wrong?! No links, user was last logged in Fri Mar 10, four writeups. Now three. His (her?) pokemon fossil theme deck has a certain infantile psychotic charm that I just couldn't resist: It shall live.

    Killed also by ohbleeoh (leaving a total of one unscathed):

    • fault: "i smacked the ass", no links. Yep, you sure did.

    • Miami Vice: "Cheeze Balls.", no links. Admirably psychotic, insufficiently charming. Sorry.

  • Negativity by core

    "What I have, what?", no links. The author informs me that he's trying to collect downvotes for some reason. Ahh, it seems that he's trying to determine, empirically, the likelihood of XP loss when a writeup is downvoted. In principle, that's not so bad: Never trust the documentation. In practice, of course, it's an annoyance and I'm killing the writeups.

  • Singleton by core

    Empty. I made a half-hearted effort to contact the author, but he's been doing this all day and it's not like he didn't know what would happen. A couple hours later, I just had another chat with core, and I'm starting to like the guy. I'm still killin' the crap, though.



Can anybody, anywhere, make any sense at all out of Kokain r farligt, farligt - och extecy ocks? I'm guessing that it's meant to be somebody trying to discuss the Liquid Sky soundtrack while having dental work done, but it might also be a haiku in Swedish. In fact, the two may not be mutually exclusive. Is there a Swedish dentist in the house? (The redoubtable Lord Brawl wins the prize! It's apparently a song title with a missing 'ä' somewhere. sensei has kindly graced us with an additional umlaut, and we're keepin' the cute little bugger.)

I'm with Lord Brawl on the DMan slander writeups, though I'd put it to DMan himself first, since he's the one being slandered.

Killed, killed, killed:

/msg'd:

  • nailbunny for misspellings in why is masturbating disapproved in some religions and societies?. Also, the bunny makes a claim about the Pope that sounds a little weird, and I asked for more info.
  • Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.