Abbreviation for Electronic Funds Transfer, a process whereby money is transferred from one bank account to another, often at a different bank, via electronic means as data rather than by physically sending money or a cheque to the receiving institution.

A free, effective tool for self-healing. EFT, which stands for Emotional Freedom Technique, is a combination of acupuncture & psychotherapy. All one needs to practice it is full concentration & honesty.

EFT basically irons out the kinks within the body's energy meridians. The simple theory behind EFT is that "all negative emotions are caused by a disruption within the body's energy systems."

While tapping on specific points of the body, in a repeated sequence, one repeats statements such as

"Even though _______(fill in the blank problem)_____, I deeply & completely accept myself"

or

"Even though ________________, I deeply & completely love and forgive myself."

One fills the blank in with different limiting issues (e.g. "Even though the masked man stole my Hallowe'en candy, I deeply and completely love and forgive myself"). The EFT sequence accomplishes psychological reversal; it neutralizes the negative emotion.

After one aspect of the issue is resolved, usually another one pops up. Then the sequence must be repeated for that aspect (e.g. "Even though the masked man turned out to be my great-uncle Rolf, I deeply & completely love & forgive myself," "Even though my great-uncle Rolf denied the charges, I deeply..." etc.) Repeat, repeat, until relief.

Is this scientifically valid? Is it logical? It must be, because it works.

Word-of-mouth is how I learned about this technique; a friend stopped her nightmares via EFT, an anorexic acquaintance overcame her eating disorder, and one person even claimed it brought an end to asthma attacks!

I've tried it on myself often, and, although it felt idiotic and slightly embarrassing at the time, I just guzzled down some water, went to sleep, and woke up "healed"--so to speak.

Here is the stuff I've tried it on, issues that no longer have power over me:

  • several childhood traumas
  • snacking to "fill a void"
  • feelnig like a victim
  • feeling helpless
  • procrastination
  • shyness

That last one--shyness--really had me flabbergasted. Once I was released from that burden...the closest description of the relief I felt, is what one imagines a bird, released from its cage, might feel.

If you want to try out EFT (which I hope you do, because it's very helpful), be prepared for some crying & discomfort as you delve deep into your problem. Layer after layer of the problem will reveal itself to you. Be brave & persist, persist, persist. 


A good place to learn the full technique from is anyfutureyouwant.com

The official EFT site is emofree.com

Eft (?), n. [AS. efete lizard. See Newt.] Zool. (a)

A European lizard of the genus Seps

. (b)

A salamander, esp. the European smooth newt (Triton punctatus).

 

© Webster 1913.


Eft, adv. [AS. eft, aeft, again, back, afterward. See Aft, After.]

Again; afterwards; soon; quickly.

[Obs.]

I wold never eft comen into the snare. Spenser.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.