J.R.R. Tolkien> The Silmarillion

Durin the Deathless
(Doo'rin)

Durin I

Durin I was the eldest and most respected of the Seven Fathers of the Dwarves. His family, Durin's folk, was the most important dwarven family throughout the Third Age. He was the one who founded the mighty dwarf-kingdom of Khazad-dûm and first glanced up the crown of stars in the Kheled-zâram in Azanulbizar. He lived to the greatest age among any dwarf, and for this reason is called Deathless. They believed he came back many times in the successive rulers of Durin's folk.

Durin II

The second king of Khazad-dûm and Durin's folk. He was believed to be the first of Durin's reincarnations and was king at the time of the building of the West Gate of Khazad-dûm.

Durin III

Durin III was the third king of Khazad-dûm and Durin's folk. It was during this time that the elves forged the Rings of Power and Celebrimbor gave him the chief of the dwarves' Seven Rings of Power.

Seven for the dwarf-lords in their halls of stone...

Durin VI

The sixth king of Durin's folk and Khazad-dûm. During his reign a Balrog was uncovered in the mines of Khazad-dûm which killed Durin VI and drove his people from their kingdom. From then forth Khazad-dûm was known as Moria, the Black Pit.

Durin VII

The seventh and last king of Durin's folk. He reigned over a lost people after their exile from their home of Khazad-dûm.

No king nor dwarf of Durin's Folk held the name of Durin after Durin VII

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.