tastes good. This is healthier than my preferred method of serving
, roast duck with plum sauce
, but it still tastes good nonetheless. This is a lightly fried then boiled dish. Highly seasoned, dinner
course. You can add peppercorn salt
, if you wish.
- Scrape the fat off the duck. Wash and dry.
- Cut the leeks crosswise then wash.
- Sweeten the oil with the scallion and ginger by heating it in a wok.
- Fry the duck in the oil over medium heat until browned, then put it in a big pot.
- Add soy sauce, sugar, stock and water, cover and boil. Lower the heat and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Lift the duck over the leeks so the skin won't stick to the pot, simmer for another 30-40 minutes. Add water when needed. If a darker color is preferred, simmer for a tad longer.
- Serve whole.