(For thy browsing pleasure: <-- Day --> | <-- Dream --> | Wolf's Dreamworld )

Not much of a dream, but dream it is...

Slashdot was r00ted. (Again.)

One of Taco's henchmen was just visiting here. He talked with me about this incident.

Taco had posted another news article that the cracker had got a physical access to the servers - apparently because the server room had door frames made of wood, thus soft enough to help the cracker to open the door with relative ease.

I said I was completely unable to do anything about that... I was in a completely different country when that happened, you know.

Taco's friend said the /. users have a secret "power level" of some sort, and obviously this cracker was among the highest-powered users [speak of "Cracker Karma" =) ] He had ssh'd to some /. database server, and gave a SQL query that displayed the top 12 powered users. For some reason, an user known as "XXXXXXX WWWWolf" was the 10th (the first part was a word that was all caps) - I tried to tell that that wasn't me because my username is a plain "WWWWolf".

Anyway, the guy wanted to stay at my home over the night. I took the foldable bed from the closet, but he just said something arrogant implying it was his divine right to sleep in a "real" bed - of course, I didn't had any other beds except for my own...

I saw her again.

This is the only place I see her now. The entire dream was based on about 15 minutes, though it seemed like a couple hours. I think that was my attempt to magnify the little time we have together. We sat together on her couch and just talked for a while. I believe there was a Cleveland Browns football game on. No lights were on, the only source of illumination was from the television. I could see her entire body though, it was sort of like the dark did not apply to her while it covered the rest of the room. Hair of fire, infinitely deep eyes, silken skin, just like I remember. I kissed her lightly several times.

This is about the time I was torn from my sleep by the alarm.

I can't wait to go sleep again tonight. I hope she is there again.
I had some really weird dreams tonight.

I discovered I had big lumps on my head, just under the skin. I could push them around without problem, and eventually found a point on my left leg where I could push them out through a slit, and find out what the lumps actually were. I don't remember what the first lumps turned out to be, but the next to last was a newly baked bread, and the last was a stack of paper and a square flat bone. This had me slightly worried; how did these objects get under my skin?

I also made lots of slices of bread with blueberry and orange-jam, made a stack of them, put the stack sideways in a glass tray. Then I had cheese on it and put the whole mess in the oven. Yuck.

I must lay off Everything2 for a while. When you have Everything dreams several days in a row, you've been noding too long. I'm sitting at miso, noding away, when the lights go out and the UPS starts shrieking.

BEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEPBEEP

People start filling the room -- thefez, juliet, yossarian, jet-poop... and as they do, they drop off the Other users list. Everyone seems a tad confused. Apparently, the power failure kicked them out of E2, and into reality -- and thus into my room.

juliet is wearing a short, tight skirt, which she is fidgeting with. She sits on the corner of my bed and pulls a Sanrio-branded cell phone from her purse and begins jabbering in Greek -- at least, I think, in the dream, that it's Greek. She's actually saying Do Co Mo over and over.

My housemate Rick enters, and everyone freezes in place, then disappears.

Hans arrives in a cartoon car, wearing shiny hot pants. We are supposed to go to a flea market. I go to get my husband, but find him asleep in bed, with my mother. He tells me he is too tired and does not want to go any more while I search my mother’s closet for some clothes for him. Her closet is jam packed with blankets, her only outfit is hanging on the wall, individual clips for her shirt and each sock.

I am sitting in a large room, in Mexico. There are people giving away free stuff; shirts, strange little glow-in-the-dark hands and feet…There is a woman next to me wearing clownish make-up, but the give-away man keeps calling her “Sir”.

I am hungry and try to find something to eat. There is strudel for $22 bucks apiece, a slice of bread is $10. Far off in the back I find cookies-n-cream Hershey bars for a quarter a piece, but I distrust them.

A girl comes up and asks me if I think it’s weird that she poops everyday at 10:00pm, while she is at the bar. I tell her I always go at the same time, every day, it isn’t strange. She does not believe me. “I think it isn’t normal. I think there is something wrong with me,” she says.

People congregate towards the door. We are all looking for the Mexican sunset, though it is the middle of the day. Revelers crowd the streets. I am drunk. I freak out because I can not find Hans and am afraid I will never get home.

I run between two apartment buildings and bump into a man. He is shoveling. I take his shovel and run at him with it. I am so mad I can feel the strain in my neck muscles. He pushes me, falls on me. We weep together. I look down and see that I have a man chest – hairy, muscular. The stranger and I cry on each other for a long time, limbs entertained.

When I get home Jay is waiting on the porch. He wants to know if I got him any rubber creatures.

“No” I tell him. “The only one I saw was not very cool.”

He demands more information. I tell him it was blue, with three toes and a spiky head. He wants to know how many spikes.

Theft Fragment

  • With friends, August and Tish, we enter a Safeway supermarket. Tish slips an item in her purse and I see a suspicious employee approach. I intersect and engage her in conversation about nothing special. Soon after we leave and get back into my car. Driving off to San Francisco, a band of thieves.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.