I'm running for mayor of a major Northern city.

My platform: The elimination of homelessness.

I built a large dormitory-type building. I gave away, for free, all the rooms in it. Opening day was grand. People lined up from all over, and we handed them keys personally and we filled up that building, one floor at a time. A bunch of people I knew were there, security to make sure things ran smoothly, and a purple dragoness I met in the dream before.

There was a huge Wal-Mart/Samaritan Center type store on the top floor for everyone's convenience. The very existence of the building and its upkeep created needs for jobs which we gave to those who didn't have any.

It was wonderful, but I was worrying about what would happen when something went wrong--foremost in my mind was the idea that someone would try to blow it up.

Rrr..

I, Barret (from FF7), Terra and Cid (from FF6) headed for a house built on a hill. We spread out to look for someone in there, and though others had weapons with them, I had a group of totally functional miniature Tiberian Sun units built from lego's. I controlled them with a graphicstablet that also showed their positions from straight above, but only fight I got into was against miniature artillery, which I destroyed with three repair vechiles those managed to get too close for it to fire at them. Anyway, when the building was secured, my friends came to the yard with a car to secure the orbital drop point on the way to the building. It was a round concrete area with three high box-shaped devices on its sides. The inner sides of them glowed with blue light, and after my friends operated them for a while, they shot blue beams high into the sky, targeted on two falling boxes they were supposed to deliver. The beams slowed the stuff down, and it landed gently on the center of the circle. My friends deacivated the drop point and took the boxes to their car. One of them shouted me "Hey, I can sell you some really cheap booze if you want! Tastes like tainted meat though..", but I got more delighted about that than they suspected. "RotGut!" It had high alcohol percentage, and it still tasted great so I ran to see if it really was it. My friend opened the trunk and took out a long gas tank shaped canister, and I took a taste of the yellowish orange stuff inside it. It was indeed RotGut, and he gave me a cork for the canister. My group had accomplished their mission, so I left with my friends and woke up..

I had a dream last night that I was debating taking this job offer from Microsoft. I was walking around campus with my girlfriend talking about the good and the bad of it. I remember talking about not wanting to leave Texas, and how I said “that would be bad”. And how they pay very well, and “that was good”. But I’d have to leave and move away from her and “that was bad”. I had pretty much mad up my mind not to take the offer when my girlfriend spun me around to face her and said “Go, take it” and she had this I’ve got something up my sleeve look going. I said ok and we kissed.

The next thing I know I’m standing in my new apartment in Redmond. It’s really big, more space than I have ever had to myself. I decided to go and meet my neighbors and as soon as I go outside I see all my friends and group that I hang with there. It seems that my girlfriend and her roommate have the apartment next to mine and my roommate is also has a apartment there. My girlfriend came running up to me and said “See, I told you to take it.” I was so glad to see her, I hugged her started to ask how, why, and what are you doing her. She just said “shhhhh, No questions. Just accepted.” My roommate then asked me “How I can’t just accepted good things happening to me without asking why.” I then turned to argue the point with him when I woke up.

My first dream about Everything - it seems only appropriate this should also be my first dream log.

I'm sitting in front of my computer drifting, trying to log onto e2 but getting continual server errors - or maybe it's just lagging - or maybe it's stuck trying to load that buggy banner ad....

When suddenly everything works: lightning fast. And everything looks a little off, a little different. And the web address has changed, and the other users list is in the hundreds, and that's when I realize:

e2 has become an online personals site.
www.adult.everything2.org

Homenode pictures are mandatory. All nodes are getting to know you node in some fashion or another. Node:XP count is gone, but a new Sex:XP is in its place. Every sexual encounter I've ever had is mystically documented. XP is based on your sexual prowess (voted on by past partners). And I'm very confused and concerned suddenly by the activities in the chatterbox.

Disturbing things happen when I go to my friends' homenodes:

I turn off the machine, and go back to bed...

...when I awoke this morning there was that disturbing moment of not knowing if what happened last night was all dream or not - things all blend up inside. But that anxiety was unfounded.

I have started to fly again, the way I used to. Better than calling it flight, it's a manner of propelling myself, as though the air were water. I use my hands to steer myself, turn around, but there's no swooping or soaring. I move by pushing my arms out before me in a breaststroke, languid and rhythmic.

I am moving down the hallway in school, I'd almost forgotten how depressing these tan walls are. I use them as touch-off points, bouncing against them the way I used to when I ran down the halls. This is the part I miss most about flying, using walls as trampolines, pushing off with my feet and moving down hallways.

The problems come when I get outside. I stop stroking, hoping to hover gently till I settle like usual. Instead, every person that passes creates a massive current. I start to rise. Thinking that I can swim back down, I lean forward but this creates more lift and before I know it, I am seeing a little model town beneath me. I would laugh at the way my flight can reduce me to this cliche, but every breath takes me further and I need to get back. I must get back and I panic, forcing myself awake.

It takes me a long time to fall back asleep. Every time I close my eyes, I see my world receding, diminishing, falling as I rise. I'd forgotten that I hate the flying dreams.

emerging from a fever induced haze, i remember..

  • you were staying at my place, and we were hanging out, it was the house that we lived in before my life was turned completely upside down. we watched a movie, if i recall, and then you slept in the room that used to be my parents and i slept in my old bedroom, in a double bed, i think he was there, but i can't recall precisely. in the morning, you walked out into the hallway and i walked out too, and you asked if i wanted to see your pad. i kind of looked at you oddly, you lifted the corner of your frilly nightgown and it fell onto the floor in all its choo choo train lined glory. there was no blood on it, but it just layed on the floor there with red choo choo trains on it. then you proceeded to tell me that you like to do that on ferries, drop your pad onto the floor in front of people. i nodded and told you that was a good idea.
  • my other dream had much in common with the one i had last night, in that i was once again in my house being held hostage and terrorized to a point. there were a group of men, older, they looked kind of evil. i tried to call 911 on a cordless phone, but i kept dialing and it wouldn't work.. sometimes i'd hit 611, and other times no matter what i hit into the phone it came up as 74. it was driving me nuts.. i finally got through and then it was the wrong place. nothing seemed to be working. i remember having the address of my brothers apartment ready to tell them, even though the place we were was much larger than my brothers apartment. i asked my sister if she had the other cordless, she said yes, and handed me something i assumed to be the phone. i tried to hide it as one of the men came in and took away the cordless that wouldn't work. i got up and said i had to use the bathroom, they all made jokes at my expense as i sort of hopped to the bathroom trying to hide what my sister had given me. i got into the washroom only to discover she'd handed me a tube of hand cream.
  • after the hand cream incident (note that i tried to call using the tube of hand cream), i decided to flush the toilet to make it seem like i'd gone to the bathroom. then i wandered out... they made it clear that they were going to kill me then, me and a bunch of others. there was an old man and an older man.. thet slightly younger one killed his father and chased after me with his father hung by a hook (like the ones in meat lockers). i was freaked completely out.. just before he decided to kill me, the cast of 'that 70s show' burst in and he stopped. somehow they beat up all the guys, and we were free.
  • last dream, which i think was actually before the crazy people in the apartment dream.. i was in some house, somewhere, and i was back in high school. marc came up to visit me and somehow i missed the school bus that morning so i got the day off, and we were going to spend it together but he went somewhere for the day. i was kind of hurt and when he came back i was sitting outside somewhere. he had to get through a whole bunch of vines that almost tripped him to find me. he layed down beside me and i hugged him close. i don't remember anything else..

i've been having such peculiar, vivid dreams.. almost all have the same theme. hm..

First, a little background info. I went and saw a sneek preview of The Candidate (pretty good movie)last night and I think that had a lot to do with the dream I had. In the dream I was Al Gore (strange, I'm Republican) but the kicker is that I looked like Tom Cruise. I was on some sort of late night talk show being asked questions about the race for president. In the dream I don't remember who I was running against. Anyway the person asking the questions was Regis Philbin. He kept asking me really hard questions that I couldn't answer. I don't remember any of the questions but I remember feeling anxious because I couldn't answer them. Everthing inside the studio seemed normal but then we went outside and the whole place was a desolate shit-hole like in the Mad Max movies. The last thing I remember before waking up was that there was a man walking around with a big woven basket and he had tobacco in the basket. Not fresh tobacco but processed like chewing tobacco. The other people would pay him to pour some of the tobacco on their shoes and then they would piss on the pile of tobacco on their shoes. Then I woke up.

I'm in Boston, visiting Andreea at BU. The elevator keeps on taking me to the garage, where some kids play hockey. Eventually I do get to her floor, but her door opens to a japanese tea-room. Her mother has made some terrible sushi, using ginger instead of rice. I have brought some yellowfish maki, and she is offended, thinking that I wanted to show her off. Andreea eats the maki and complements me on it; her mom starts bitching in Romanian.

I briefly awake but drift back to sleep

Now I am in a schoolroom / lecture hall. A black man resembling my little brother's football coach is talking about discipline in the urban family. He also brings up conseling teenage boys in Africa, and how we're indebted to do that. I look around and all the other people in the room are agreeing - How is a white kid from Germany supposed to help some african youth face to face?
We leave the hall and are in BU again. Andreea takes me to the atlantic, where Elephants are jumping in the water. Carmen Electra is helping them, smaking them in their elephant asses and pulling them back out. The guy from "Who wants to be a millionaire" tells her to stop because people are watching.

I wake up again, 2:30 P.M. this time.

I Dreamt i was sitting in an endless expanse of sand, as far as I went in each direction, there was nothing.
At least my dream wasn't "Interesting"

I was a spectator during the Sydney Olympic Games. There was going to be some kind of match between my country and South Africa. I think it had to be boxing or wrestling, since it took place on a small, indoor arena.

I remember siding with South Africa, because if they ended up on the rostrum we'd get to sing Nkosi Sikelel'i Afrika.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.