previous / next

I am sitting at home in my bedroom, and into my room comes Ben and his friend John. I close the door to the foyer of my room, and both guys, both straightlaced types really, begin searching the internet for pornography. I figure something is wrong here. But I try to pay no heed to what is going on. Ben and I are sitting in one corner of my room in a highly secluded area from the rest of the room (or so it seems in this dream) as John ogles over these hefty 250 lb. beauties on the internet. Occasionally, we'll ask him how he is enjoying it, and he will cast back a huge exaggerated thumbs up, almost sarcastic. Ben and I both stand up from sitting on the floor, and I get this weird premonition that my dad's girlfriend and my 40-year-old female neighbor are waltzing in the foyer. The door, to them, is this translucent penetrable material that they slide through. And it is their utmost concern to spy on us, because neither of them believes we are up to any good.

We build this large castle out of adobe and we hide inside it. He asks me if I'm going to recite any more poetry to him. So I start to recite Meeting At Night by Robert Browning, which I wasn't even aware that I had memorized up until this dream. He asks me if I'll learn the counterpoem and recite it the next time I have a dream about him. I ask him what he means by that, as I am not aware that I am in a dream. But he never answers. So I'm sitting there in silence.And John says something loudly from the computer that places me in a bold position and my entire confidence strikes me as unatural and I lean over and I kiss him. But for some reason, our large adobe castle seems to hide nothing from the waltzing dunces in the foyer, and I begin to slip into a lucid dream, and I know for some reason, that I will wake up at any minute now, and I recall thinking to myself, "Oh well, better make this worthwhile..." so I kiss him again. And I woke up.

it's easter. deanna gives tom a diet coke from before christmas and tom gets deathly ill. craig, bobby, deana, and i go out to do something. we go to the mall where they're teaching some extreme form of martial arts on some obstacle course in the back. everyone there is wearing either an orange or yellow coveralls. they're learning how to do these kicks which propel them through the air for a good long time. craig, bobby, and i leave to go check on our pot plants.

john is at my house, looking at the plants. there's one thin stem growing out of the soil with two leaves coming off it. john examines it carefully, then tears it out of the soil and stabs it into the ceiling, declaring that that plant's THC content is ridiculously high.

tom calls to tell us that his parents destroyed the rest of deanna's soda supply to prevent her from poisoning any more people.

This has got to be the weirdest dream I have ever had. I don't remember all the details now, but here is what I do remember...

So I'm either a priest or monk or work in a church or something. There is this big statue of Jesus inside the church (think really big grand church, a monastery or cathedral). Jesus is in a red robe with open outstretched arms. I become convinced The Son of God is coming back to Earth and will appear on the spot of the statue. As time passes I become more convinced and think that Jesus is coming to take me with him. Not in some assumption type of way either. Jesus is coming to kill me. And me being a religious fellow in this dream think this is some great blessing. (side note there is this on going theme of candles being doused out) The time of Jesus's arrival nears. Two priests show up with a guest. The guest sits at a bench and the two priests kneel at the statue and begin praying. A candle gets doused out. Then another. I begin ranting about the return of Jesus. I say something like "Jesus died for our sins, now he is coming back to make me die for your sins also!" The statue comes alive. The priests disappear, either run they off or are off to the side somewhere. Jesus suddenly has a large harpoon. Some words are exchanged between this gigantic Jesus and myself. I don't remember what now. Then Jesus proceeds to try to kill me. Now this is where it gets weird (like it wasn't before). In an almost comical way Jesus keeps missing. He throws the harpoon at me and misses. Then I turn around and he throws it again and it grazes my leg. This puts me on the floor. I back up against a wall. Sitting on the floor with my back against a wall. I take the tip of the harpoon and center it on my body just below the rib cage. Then Jesus drives the harpoon into my body. My eyes close and I can feel the harpoon enter into me. I must have been lifted up because I next felt the harpoon change angle and be shoved up inside my rib cage toward my heart. Then I wake up...

Sure I was raised Catholic, but I'm agnostic now, which makes this dream even weirder.

my first Dream Log node and my third 1000th node. :)

I swear I am not making this up.

News For Noders

(Idea) by Nate


Forget E2 T-Shirts, get the newest piece of everything2 merchandise that's topping the charts all over the world! E2 Sings! Featuring:

These accomplished noders wrote, played, and sang all of the music on this disc! Order now and get a free bag of Tropical Skittles!
It was a whole CD of songs- non E2 related songs- recorded by the above noders. Dannye had a Ricky Martin style Latin thing, JP did an old Lisa Loeb song, and Team Jet-Poop- all seven of them- did a funky hip-hop/techno mix. I ordered one. Unfortunatly, before I could listen to Every Node Is Sacred, the phone rang and woke me from my dream. I've got to get an answering machine.

I'm at a family get together, but more of my friends are there than my actual family. We are all sitting in the dinner table getting ready to eat delicious pork. We start discussing my aunt's upcoming marriage and my trip to New York. I leave the dinner table and walk into my bed room.
My bedroom doesn't resemble my actual bedroom, but more of a dorm roon. I lay on my twin bed, and my friend Thomas pops out from underneath. He tells me how he is about to embark in a new adventure in Philadelphia. I decide that I would like to go with him. We discuss our plans to go, but we have no ride from the airport to the destination.
He tells me MoJo JoJo will have us all cleared up there.

I wake up and think to myself...what a waste of a night.


  • Apples. I was in the grocery store, and there was nothing on the shelves but tons of shiny red apples. I shoved as many as I could in my mouth, juice dripping down my chin.


  • Standing on the platform of a train station... felt the power of the train rushing by me, shaking the very core of my being. A newspaper floats silently by...


  • I'm running through the airport in Tampa, looking for... I don't know. Someone, something. "Who are you, where are you?" I spot my target-- a girl with long brown hair, blank face. "Wait!!" I scream. She turns. "Do I know you?" I ask. "I don't know," she says. "Do you know yourself?"


  • Loreena McKennitt's "Marco Polo" plays in the background... I'm sitting, smoking cigarettes, blowing the smoke upwards, clouds forming around me. A man is sitting in the room with me. Dark, shadows, confusion. Is this who I think it is? Yes and no. "I thought you were gone. I thought I was rid of you." I whisper. He stands, throws a candle at me, igniting my dress. "Blow out your own smoke, bitch," he replies.

I'm with my sister and several others I am apparently friends with (although as usual I have never known any of these people in my real life). We are in some posh hotel making plans for an upcoming wedding. It never did become clear who's wedding it was . . . Anyway I apparently am a bridesmaid and am being fitted for my dress. The dress itself it a big part of the dream for some reason. The material is a silvery white satin that's to be trimmed with gold. The dress is a sleek form fitting affair that is bare on the shoulders with an open back. It's length was almost fully to the floor with a train flowing from the waist that was approximately 4 feet in length once it was on the ground. Everyone made such a big deal over how great it looked on me and how wonderful I was going to look in it for the wedding. I was horribly embarrassed and yet pleased that we had all designed such a nice dress. At some point there was even this ridiculous cloak that was to be worn over it for when I was outside. The cloak itself was very regal looking. A soft fur looking material that was red and white with gold inlay and a golden chain clasp. The ridiculous part was it had what seemed to be a wooden dowel that made it drape out over the shoulders about a foot on each side, giving it a coat hanger effect.

Flash forward to the wedding. The chapel was just that, a tiny room with maybe twenty pews all together. The altar was raised so high that there were maybe fifteen stairs that had to be climbed to reach the top where the ceremony was to be held. I remember thinking it was a silly choice for the ceremony, especially considering the dress I was to be wearing was not conducive to the treacherous stairs. There was some talk of changing it but in the end we used it anyway. When it came time for me to enter, I noticed that the first two pews on both sides were empty, presumably being reserved for family that was not present. That saddened me, I thought it was a shame that everyone else was crammed into the back end of the chapel when there was plenty of room if some would just move up front. It wasn't as if there was a need to save room for those who would not be joining in the celebration, while the faithful friends who were there could not be closer, just in case. It was then that I realized he was there. He was hidden within the crowd and yet I knew of his presence. I could feel him there, I knew he had come just to see me.

Again flash forward. It's the reception and there's a band playing. From this point on it was as if the festivities are aimed at me somehow. The band announces that my brothers will be joining them in playing a rhythm and blues song. Each of my brothers is sitting on either side of the lead musician. My oldest brother in particular amazes me with some damn good playing, I mean it wasn't a half-hearted effort the man could really jam. The lead musician gives me this look as if to say, "Check this guy out he's incredible!" Next my sister gets up and sings some song, I can't remember any of it though. Again I realize he's there, somewhere just out of sight, but he is there watching, partaking in this celebration of the union of two unknown people in my dream. I keep wanting to go talk to him, to be with him but the dream changes every time I just get there, to a new scene.

Wish, Desire, Will, Volition

  • I'm in a fabric store, walking among the piles of colored cloth. But I don't remember why I am here. I don't realize it is a dream but I believe that I have willful control over reality. So I make a decision and leave the store.

  • On a hillside at sunset. The orange ball sinks slowly into the horizon and the sky is colored along the whole spectrum from red to dark blue. But there is something missing. So I make a decision and the white sparks of stars blink into existence.

  • With Mario, I enter a strange house. There is an old man there but we seem to be invisible to him. We walk around the place for a while, then go into the garage where the man's red sports car is. We get in and drive away.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.