<<                                           >>

I was the first to arrive at the restaurant. I parked my car up front right next to the entrance. I knew that I was the only one of my party there yet, so I decided to hang around the entrance of the place. After a little bit I started seeing people from high school, not old friends, but acquaintances. Being unsociable as I am, I only smiled, and walked back to my car.

I was looking at something inside the car when Brett, our class valedictorian came up and said, "Nice car. It's just like Justin's."

"Yeah, thanks," I replied. "No, seriously this isn't mine, I could never afford a Mustang."

As our conversation started I took a look at the car. I was sitting inside a beautiful Maroon/brown Mustang convertible with the top down. Only thing was it was the size of a go-kart. But no one mentioned that. I looked like I could be a character in Mario Kart, the way I was sitting on, rather than in, my miniature car.

I turned to Justin, a tall kid who played basketball and failed to graduate with us. He commented on my suit and asked to try it on. I obliged him. I was quite proud of my suit, it was all baby blue, with a yellowish-off-white shirt underneath. He was instantly dressed in it, and despite him being much taller the suit hung limp on him, as if it were many sizes too large.

I wasn't naked as you might think. I just so happened to have another suit on underneath. Black slacks, a nice white shirt and tie. Something a normal person would wear.

Neither of the two whom I was waiting for had arrived. I decided to hop out of my car and join the people I knew faintly from high school out in front of the doors. They were happy to see me, despite them never really knowing me when we were still in high school. They were gossipping about so and so, and I got rather bored. I anxiously surveyed the parking lot. As I did so, I noticed two things. One was that my buddy Shaun, one of the two people whom I had been waiting for, had pulled in. The other was that the restaurant was apparently running out of my old Catholic grade school, St. Pius X.

Shaun came and joined the group, but remained a little further away and behind me, seeing as how he's even less sociable than me.

The group started off towards their cars, and we followed. Justin hopped in a blue van (which looked absolutely nothing like my car) but kept the door open to talk, and all the guys hopped into the van. The girls were leaning on a car next to the van. Suddenly a white car pulled up, it was Seana, the person Shaun and I were waiting for. Apparently everyone knew this was important to me, because they quickly got buckled up and into the cars to leave.

But my suit! I told Justin and he lent me the suit back, minus the coat. Somehow he must have grabbed my keys, because he gave those back too.

I quickly dressed and met Seana halfway to the doors, she had the Nintendo with her, just as I hoped. I don't particularly know why I wanted it, but I was happy she had it. As the three of us walked towards the entrance...I woke up to my mother telling me that she was going to the dentist and then the store.

OK... here's a weird one...

There's a big party going on in my apartment (in reality, I don't live in an apartment). The apartment, as best I can describe it, looks like this: on on side, there are a bunch of booths, like a pizza parlor, and some large round tables. In the middle, there's like a Chuck-E-Cheese-like arcade. There's a small library on the other side, with a few standalone bookcases, and behind that there's a living room. This might not have been the layout for the entire dream, but it's the best I remember it.

OK, so there's this party. As it starts, almost everyone is in the pizza parlor area. Lots of people from my high school, lots from college, lots of people I don't know. We're just drinking and talking, like in a bar-type situation. I'm also trying to hook up with this one particular girl (not sure who it was, but her name was Erin). It's not going too well, so I go back to the living room where there's a family watching television. Not MY family, mind you, but A family. There's also a little girl, who looks about eight, but I'm told is three. She's Erin's sister. She tells me that the Erin doesn't think that I'm nice. If I was nice, she says, I would give her some tokens (for video games).

So, for the next part of the dream, I'm running around the apartment, looking for tokens. I try to bum some off of some high school punks who are playing video games, but they won't share. I ask around for the coin machine, but no one has seen it. Luckily, I remember where I put mine - on one of the bookcase shelves. I retrieve the coins (yes, they're coins now, not tokens), and return to the living room. Now the girl is speaking in some strange language.

A random guy tells me that she's been possessed by a "benevolent spirit". The spirit says that she has to eat a special sandwich in the woods while Mark McGwire and Sammy Sosa watch, or the world will end at noon the next day. I tell Erin to get McGwire and Sosa while I bring her sister to the woods. She somehow already has the sandwich.

The next thing I know, we're in a pine forest. The trees are pretty spread out, and there's a wooden picnic bench. As we walk up towards the bench, I see Erin leading Mac and Sammy my way... their heads are stuck in these clamps, like the one that Harry Stamper wrapped around Colonel Sharp's head in "Armageddon". She eats the sandwich, but something goes wrong... it doesn't work. So I run back to Erin's house to tell her dad.

Her house is a white van, and of course, when I get there, both sisters are already there. Her dad is very angry at me for some reason. Erin tells me that I'm not hers anymore, and they close the window to the van (yes, it closes rather than rolls up). I pound on the van for a while, hoping that they'll hear me. It's imperative that we save the world. Eventually, I return to my apartment.

I have a roommate now. It's some random girl, and again, I don't recognize her. Upon entering (the apartment is now just a normal apartment), she tells me that the fridge is broken. I go to the fridge, and it's spouting out water. I open it, and find a hose disconnected. I connect the hose and the problem is solved. I close the fridge and walk to the sink. Erin comes in. I tell her that I thought she was pissed. She says that she was, but then she says that I'm not hers anymore. Again, puzzled, I say, I thought I never was yours. She says that I was, but that she just couldn't say it. Apparently, prior to me entering this dream, I had a relationship with the girl. I don't remember it. Whatever. So the two of us walk out onto the sun porch to discuss the end of the world, which I assume is still coming, but no one's too worried about it.

We don't get too far into the conversation, because at that point, I'm awakened by my alarm clock. That's it, folks. Told you it was weird.

- / +

  • It's pretty weird that I've been working on the show for two months and have never had a real offstage conversation with Drew. I'd just thought that when he jumped into the room and started talking. We both went away but met later to compare boxes of junk. I showed him what I'd been going to throw away - a tupperware box filled with plastic googly eyes - and he looked at me like I'd lost my mind. Do you want it? "Of COURSE!" Later I hugged him, and that went all right.

  • On the phone with Pete, the end of my cellphone kept flipping down which was damn annoying, especially since it doesn't do that.

  • Boorman House with other girls. Trying not to wake them but I had to turn on the light.

  • I was upset and had gone to Pete's house which was not his house but more like a boat from an old dream. Also like a camper. A bell which was not a doorbell rang - it went off when someone was at the bottom of the driveway, to give you warning someone was coming. Pete was not happy. "She said she might come over but I thought she was bluffing." A minute later I saw a blonde head coming up the steps outside the window. He went to meet her and I could hear her laughing and talking nonstop - he wasn't saying anything.

    There was no way I could deal with this person, whoever she was. I snuck out the back. I got pretty far before I realized I'd left the cat at Pete's. Going back I had to go barefoot and by the time I got there my feet were cut and sore. The cat met me down the road from Pete's house, so did two of my parents' dogs, but I had to keep going.

    When I got to the house Pete was standing in the kitchen talking on my cellphone. He was angry with me and wouldn't talk to me. He called the other girl "Alicia" but it clearly was not her. I was tired and just wanted to go home.

  • High school plus college. Mr. Watford was serving some black glop out of a frying pan. We all had to at least taste it because "it's authentic Roman cuisine!" He was fussing gently at Ryan Brown for being lax about the Latin debate practices. "No one ever shows up for them anyway, except the people who want free food." I noticed that I had always been equally attracted to both of them.
  • Larry Wall calls me up in the middle of the night and tells me that I have to be the new perl maintainer but I can't because when I try to read the source code it's too strange and confusing so I panic and put out a buggy release and the entire internet is shut down so Al Gore flies out to California to give me a good hard spanking.

    I hate these homoerotic perl dreams.

    very simple:

    i dreamt that my hair was long again. you see, sometimes i go nuts-o and cut my own hair, particularly when i am overly frustrated by life, the universe, and everything. the dream was simple: i was wearing a denim jumper dress. i passed by my bathroom and spotted my reflection in the mirror. to my surprise, my hair was shoulder length again. i stood in the mirror and brushed it. i though it was odd that my hair was long in such a short amount of time, but i surmised that my hair had grown without me noticing it. i was glad it was longer. i look so much better with long hair. i was dissapointed when i woke up to find my hair was actually still short.

    Last night I dreamed that my mother died. I was in a strange city, and I found this out. For some reason I was alone, and didn't have anyone to call. I cried, then I found this guy, and tried to hook up with him, but he let me know that he was just passing through town. I then found out that my mother's house with everything in it, was going to be sold within 24 hours. I cried because I was about to loose everything, including the old photo albums, things my mother gave me, and those wonderful little reminders of when life was a bit more peaceful. Then I woke up.

    I think I stopped sleeping because of my dreams. I used to have the most beautiful dreams but in the last year or so I have been having extremely sad dreams. Dreams that leave me wishing that I just hadn't gone to sleep at all. Dreams that mentally tire me out.

    My life has been getting better, I am happier lately. And just as I unconciously made the decision not to sleep as much, I have unconciously decided to sleep again. I have been getting almost six hours of sleep in the last few days. But this time I slept for an entire 16 hours. And the dreams are back.

    This time I dreamt that I saw Marty. It's so strange how in my awake hours I don't feel affected by Marty's death anymore, the tears don't readily spring to my eyes, yet a simple dream can make me feel so miserable. I dreamt that he was here and he coldly and unemotionally told me that he didn't love me and that he hadn't loved me for quite some time before he died. I know that this isn't true, I know it isn't. But dreams are so real, they feel, look and smell real. And it's hard to not believe it, when he isn't here to tell me it isn't true. And I cannot stop thinking about him, I cannot stop hurting. Dammit, it was all going away, finally. But now I can't...I just want to cry...and I don't think I will be going to sleep tonight. I don't know if I can take it...

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.