Previous | Dizzy->Dreams() | Next


The three of us drove into the huge multi storey car park. It took us many minutes to drive downwards.

We argued about how to capture the thief. She wanted to shoot first, He wanted to use handcuffs. We pulled out our guns.

Gunfire: loud and abrupt

I fall to the floor. I have been shot many times in the legs. Chunks of flesh have scattered across the car park floor. All the wounds are filled with blood.

-=Scene Shift=-

A panel of children are debating school work, but stop at the sound of gunfire.

One of the children, a young girl, walks down the stairs to me in the car park.

She puts her finger into one of the blood filled wounds and asks why I am bleeding. I worry that she will be traumatised so I say nothing.

Blood covers the floor, the others do not care, except for the little girl who says she will get a doctor.

Pain kicks in.

I wake screaming and covered in sweat.

Wow ... since, normally I don't dream, it's pretty unusual for me to remember a dream well enough to talk about it, let alone node it almost twenty hours later.

************************

We were sitting in a casino - someplace that seemed pretty familiar to me. There were lots of loud "ding"s that are fairly characteristic of casinos and the ching! of quarters and nickles ...

I was with George (the first love of my life, a sort-of friend) and Dennis M. (also both friends from home). We were playing slot machines and just talking about all the stuff that we normally talk about - books, music, school, parties, etc. Nothing terribly unusual happened.

Then, George lays down on the floor of the casino (with horribly ugly carpet, I might add) because, he says, he's tired. I sit down next to him (we're still in the casino, but the background noise has faded away, like in a movie). We start talking and get to the topic of his girlfriend (who he started dating a few months after we broke up - almost two years ago), who he's never actually admitted to having to me yet. We're talking, he's even showing me pictures of the girl, saying that he's planning on asking her to marry him.

Suddenly, he looks up at me with a look in his eyes that I recognize from when we were dating ... and I get scared. He reaches up and strokes my cheek for five minutes or so, leans forward ...

And I wake up. Weird, huh?

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.