- / +

For the first time in I don't know how long, I actually woke up being able to remember my dream, and of course if would be one of those conglomerate brain fart dreams. In the dream I was almost like a character in a story; I knew most of what I would do already. In this story, I was going to go to deal with some evil entity that had called upon the souls of children who had died wrongfully and been pitched down a long dry well. I was there to see the head evil guy setting up the plot. He had manipulated a beautiful Korean minion woman to do his bidding. He was represented by a staff that was over 6 feet tall with a tufty head of orange bristle hair and large bug eyes made out of a plum sized seeds. Yet he was alive, like the scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz. She went up to him, touched his "face" and smiled at the evil things he had been predicting he would do just before I was able to hear them talking. It was like I walked into the middle of conversation and the people speaking did not know I was there.

I felt like I was on the scene of a movie, because when that scene ended, I was off the clock. It was cold where I was and the streets were icy. There was a group of people in my trailer, people I recognized were from my current job, auto painters, body men, all sitting at one of those trailer tables bolted to the floor next to a bathroom in the back. One of them came out of the bathroom and breezed by me; I recognized him as our painter's assistant, but he didn't seem to recognize me. As he walked by, I smelled peanuts.

I walked to the front where there were these arcade games and began talking to a rather large guy about my age about the next scene, where I am to go confront the evil entity. I was nervous about it, but I knew I had to do it, even though I was scared; I knew already that the script wrote for me to succeed, so I had only to overcome my own fear of failure. He was taller than I was and really stocky, fat even, not the kind of guy I go for. We began kissing, pressing up to the wall behind a video game, making quite a scene of ourselves. All the time it was going on, I was thinking "Why on earth am I doing this?" but again it felt like a scripted part, a role to play, so I went with it. He suggested that we go for a drive and in his words, "fog up some windows." We walked outside and saw a couple other cars and their drivers sliding all over the street trying to right themselves on the ice . It looked more like a derby, like they were playing drunk chicken in slow motion.

Then I woke up. I never did get to conquer that demon. I get about 5 hours of sleep on a good night, on the average. Maybe next time I'll have more time.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.