It is the 50's or so, we will not meet for some 25 years yet. But we do meet, in a weird other-life twist in which I am a little, soft, fluffy blonde woman and she is me. He is giving some other gal a hard time, so I intervene. Would you like to dance? And we waltz down the aisle of the grocery store. There is an urgent flight across the anemic yellow lawns of overcast subdivisions, a hasty shuffling of cars (black, white and gray Datsun Z's), then he spreads me in my pastel naked glory before a mirror. I radiate more heat than light.

- / +

  • Sitting across the room from my father, watching him talk and laugh with someone I didn't know. I knew the joke he was aiming for, and sang along with him. He got up and walked away laughing. I wished he would turn around and see me, to see that I understood.

  • We discussed Apostrophe, whose mother had died when he was young. Is that all that made him different from us?

  • She was beautiful and I did kiss her.
  • This dream was most likely created in my head because I played Final Fantasy IV (the dumbed-down version) for an hour right before going to sleep.

    I found myself in the middle of a tough battle against a very nasty boss enemy. The setting was the gym hall of a school for some reason.

    Each time our 3-person group beat the monster, it changed form into something completely different. The first one was some huge abstract shape with parts reminding me of ancient Roman palaces. It changed into two floating faces, and soon after spawned a group of 8 humans in ninja-style clothes. These "ninjas" used a sleep ability to knock the other two fighters out of combat, and I was the only one left.

    To make things worse, the "ninjas" summoned a huge crowd of children to help, to make the enemy horde seem impossible to beat. But somehow I managed to cast an impressive-looking spell out of the blue, and the whole bunch was wiped out.

    Next thing I knew, the stage curtain opened, and dozens of children started walking towards the playing field where the battle had taken place. It seemed that nasty boss monster had kidnapped them for some reason, and now they were free. It was a weird but emotional moment. Then the alarm in my cell phone started ringing.

    Well, this was a trippy one. Not too deep or meaningful, but who cares? If I can't be a hero in real life, there's always the dreamworld.. :)


    A rowdy class, the professor puts on music to bring attention, it is an Oi song and the built skinhead at the front of the class proudly chimes along with the lyrics. Everyone stares as the music stops and he continues until reaching the end of the song. Small chair-desks, we are sitting in the kind I hated so much in high school.

    surfacing from my dreams with a small poem floating in my head..

    popsicle peas
    and green cheese,
    i'm going to the beach
    to get sand on my knees.

    washing waves
    tide turning green,
    return to tell mom
    the wonders i've seen.
    Rather than being taken down by the government, Microsoft performed a hostile takeover. Bill Gates was proclaimed our emperor, Steve Ballmer our dictator. That was when the troubles began.

    All Linux users were immediately forced into secrecy, all servers not running Windows 2000 were immediately taken down (destroying the Internet and leaving only MSN, only without Hotmail). Those dissenters who were found out were given a court order to upgrade to Windows ME without hope for a CLI. To get around the restriction, many used Norton Commander, others used the various GNU tools ported to the Windows console to at least try to recreate their useful computing environment. All were eventually discovered, as it was impossible to recreate all the bugs which the new government exploited to determine whether someone was really running their court-mandated OS.

    After being discovered, the hapless non-Windows users would be given a forced lobotomy using the ancient method (using an icepick), only without the benefit of anaesthetic. They were then put on public display as perverts and heathens and barbarians, and eventually destroyed.

    That was the day I died.

    Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.