A freeware PC (DOS) platform/puzzle game, developed by one Tomasz Pyter and released in 1991. While not being up to the standards of shareware or commercial games, even at the time, it was (and still is) rather amusing to play from time to time. It features music (if you have an Adlib-compatible card) and VGA graphics, which were surprisingly detailed, bright and amusing in places, for the time.

The simple storyline basically consists of Dork the dinosaur getting caught hiding under a tree when it is hit by lightning, and being sent off to dreamland. The game itself simply consists of 8 levels, the objective in each being to get to the exit sign. Although the levels are quite small, each of them fitting on a single screen with no scrolling, it is surprisingly difficult to actually get to the exit sign without doing something stupid at least a few times.

Each level has almost completely different graphics, for instance one level is an bluey underwater theme with jellyfish and lobsters, another consists of a haunted theme with ghosts and weird blobs. There are also three objects scattered around the levels: a harpoon (for attacking an enemy), an umbrella (for protecting yourself from attacks) and a balloon (for floating upwards).

The common theme to all the levels is picking up, placing down and pushing around blocks, which you then jump around on to get to new parts of the level (typically the level exit). Annoyingly, the keyboard control while jumping is a little too jerky to be comfortable with, which is especially annoying as you often have to jump on and off of little horizontally-moving platforms. To make it a little more difficult, there are enemies in the levels, either moving about randomly or in a set pattern.

You start the game with 5 lives. Each time you fall into a hole on a level (typically lava, a whirlpool or something similar), you lose a life. You also lose a life when you are touched by an enemy. When you have lost all of your lives, you can either continue, which restarts the current level with your full quota of 5 lives but a zeroed score, or you can elect to go back to the menu, in which case you are presented with a password which lets you start directly on that level next time.

Because the game is often frustrating, I'm providing the passwords for each of the levels, but in pipelinks in consideration of you who don't want to know them: Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5, Level 6, Level 7 and Level 8.

Anyway, it's not too difficult to find using Google, go out, grab it, play it for a while, and have some instant fun (or at least amusement).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.