Generic advice by a typical agony-aunt for all people


You there...

Yes you!

You are always quite clear. You've explained it to me, many times.

You know. The problem.

You go on and on about it and say there's nothing you can do about it. I think you know what you can do, or rather, stop doing.

Yes, I'm a bad listener. Absolutely insensitive. I'm writing this so that you can refer to it and not let the conflict keep spiralling in your brain. Also, so that my opinion will become absolutely clear to you.

Here goes...

If you are happy with the way things are, keep doing what you are doing. If you are unhappy, make a change. You cannot control what you cannot control, and you can control what you can control. Making changes doesn't have to start with conflict. Fight against the system from within the system. Be a little creative. Or say that there is nothing you can do about it and stop complaining. To the wrong people. Really. Stop. There is your decision. Never go for the second option saying you never really had a choice. If you choose the second path, be fully aware that both options were available to you.

If you are sure that you can accept things the way they are... Oh I can hear you - furiosly tapping away at your keyboard already. "Yessss, I'm SURE DAMNn IT! Im sick of tihs tired retoric. I can accept things teh way they are, OK?!"

Good grief...

Or you could say "Ok. I see what you mean. Only it's hard for me to make a change. Alone. Will you help me?"


Much Love,

Me!

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.