Deadlands is a really cool alternate History role playing game set in 1876 and is published by Pinnacle Games. The War Between the States (the Civil War that is) is still going on. Ghost Rock, a new coal-like substance has replaced coal, and the Manitous are out to get ya! You play a character in a Posse adventuring in the Weird West. Magic, Mad Science, and Undead gunslingers abound!

Howdy, Pardner, welcome to the Weird West...

Why don't you mosey on over to this here bar-stool, and let me unfold upon you the story of the Deadlands. As you know, we write the year 1877. But this is not the old west as you folks remember, oh no sir...

In this here world, the American Civil War rages on, as no side managed to whup the other good. In the great quake, a most of California fell into the sea. You might have heard that the Sioux Nations recently reclaimed the Dakotas with the help of their darn shamans and spirits. But worst of all, the dead walk among us too. But back east, everybody thinks all's normal, whatever that may mean, mainly due to folks like him, the Texas Rangers eyeballing the featherhead back there. Keeps the peace and the secrets as well. Don't cross 'em, or you'll see the bone orchard sooner than you wagered. And see that cripple over there? He's in cahoots with the Collegium, those mad scientists from the Confederated States of America. Some tell of the Reckoners, terrifying things no-one saw and lived . They say these otherworldly horrors are seeding the entire world with fear, cultivating man's terror. Someday, should they create enough, they could even walk the Earth - and destroy it utterly! Or so they say...

Yer scared? Best hit the breeze back home to yer schoolmarm, but maybe you got what it takes. Ever held an equalizer before? Ah yer packing... Full of prunes, eh? Hope yer not here looking for flammery. Hmm, maybe I got's some work for you. Seek out the rev'rend at the gospel mill round high noon and listen to his chin music. He was eyein' for a hardy fellow needin' some dimes. Interested? But before you go, maybe a small game of cards? Got my deck right here...

Deadlands: The Weird West is a role playing game published by the Pinnacle Entertainment Group, one of the most original roleplaying settings of the last decade. Combining the romance and action of the Old West with the horror of invading Things Man Was Not Meant To Know, it yields adventuring possibilities galore. There is also a D20 and a Gurps version of the game. The recent Will Smith movie Wild Wild West could be easily adapted into the Deadlands universe for it's mad science aspects...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.