David Foster is a pianist, composer, arranger, and producer. He is with Atlantic Records and Warner as Vice-President and has his own Atlantic-distributed label, 143 Records (Which released the new Corrs album, In Blue this last fall).

Foster began piano lessons at the age of five in his native Victoria, British Columbia, and was quickly recognized as a child prodigy. He was enrolled as a student at the University of Washington at the age of 13, and three years later, when offered an opportunity to join the backing band for Chuck Berry, embarked on his professional performing career. Throughout the early 1970s he built a solid reputation as one of the best session keyboard players in the business, performing with John Lennon, George Harrison, Barbra Streisand and Rod Stewart.

Foster's early production and writing client list included Hall & Oates, Deniece Williams, Carole Bayer Sager, Boz Scaggs and The Average White Band.

In 1979, he received his first Grammy Award for writing Earth, Wind & Fire's "After The Love Has Gone." His producing credits include Michael Jackson, Paul McCartney, Lionel Ritchie, Neil Diamond, Dionne Warwick, Kenny Rogers, The Manhattan Transfer, Olivia Newton-John, James Ingram, The Pointer Sisters, Art Garfunkel, Roger Daltrey, Kenny Loggins, Al Jarreau, Richard Marx. Over the years, Foster has been involved in a variety of projects for Atlantic Records, including a series of solo albums; his self-titled debut release in 1986, his second solo album, The Symphony Sessions, 1988 and the album River 0f Love in 1990, and in 1991 Foster's acclaimed Rechordings was a collection, featuring instrumental arrangements of some of Foster's best-known compositions.

Foster was inducted into the Canadian Music Hall of Fame in 1997. Foster has also had three Academy Award nominations.

Foster established the David Foster Foundation to assist families of children in need of organ transplants.

He also produced and wrote the music to his wife Linda's lyrics for "Voices That Care," the entertainment industry's salute to US troops in the Persian Gulf, which to date has donated over one million dollars to the Red Cross and USO of America.

A native of Victoria, British Columbia, Foster is currently living in Los Angeles with his wife and frequent music collaborator and co-writer Linda Thompson. They have six children between them.



Thanks to 143 records biography info.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.