The author of the bestselling "Imponderables" series. He's witty and sharp, and loves The Beach Boys.

He's written a slew of books, been on TV, and many, many radio shows. Why? He writes some great books that demystifys everyday life.

He's written:
Imponderables
Why do Clocks Run Clockwise? (because that's the way a sundial turns).
Do Penguins Have Knees? (technically they walk on their toes, so yeah, sorta)
When Did Wild Poodles Roam the Earth? (poodles only came about recently through selective breeding)
When Do Fish Sleep? (they do, just with eyes open)
Why do Dogs Have Wet Noses? (must keep the mucous membranes moist)
What are Hyenas Laughing At, Anyway? (it's not really a laugh, it's more of a sound of fear)
How does Asprin find a Headache? (it blocks the nerves' pain receptors)
Who put the Butter in Butterfly? (dunno, never read this one)
How do Astronauts Scratch an Itch? (they don't, really, they're preoccupied)

He defines "Imponderables" as questions you can't just find in a textbook. Like "Why do we close our eyes when we sneeze?" "How did they keep beer cold in the saloons of the Old West?"

What makes his books so appealing is because he writes with wit and good-natured humor which I can only compare to As the Apple turns. Aside from that, he quotes various experts who tell him why scabs itch. At the end of the book, he ventures possible answers to "Fustrables," those answers that don't have a single easy answer, like "Why do women go to the bathroom in Groups?." Every successive book has a section at the end with reader-submitted answers and suggestions to these Fustrables and previous Imponderables from older books.

Last I heard, he had a website up at www.Imponderables.com, and had released a board game, similar to Cranium (the one which Starbucks carries).

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.