MUAHAHAHA, my most delightfully evil act in weeks.

I keep a whole gigantic pile of loose change on top of my scanner for when I need it.  Today, I needed to get a few envelopes and stamps at the post office, so I threw a whole bunch of coins into a mug and walked over to buy them.  When I got to the post office, there were only a few people waiting in line.  For some reason, though, by the time I got up to the counter there were at least twenty-five customers waiting behind me.

The total for my purchases was a whopping 76 cents.  Despite the fact that I had a bunch of quarters in the other pocket, and despite the fact that even if I didn't want to use my quarters I had a bunch of bills in my wallet, I decided to pay with the loose change...

...entirely in pennies...

...of which there were over 200 in my mug...

...and which I hadn't counted out in advance.

And so, I stood there at the counter counting out 76 cents in pennies one by one.  I'm pretty sure if I had taken any longer (I considered doublechecking) the senior citizen behind me would've smacked me with his cane.
 

Daily Evil: 6/10.  It would've been higher if I had doublechecked, perhaps dropping a few pennies on the floor halfway through so I'd have to start over.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.