Dugs are about one meter tall and usually walk on both hands and legs they also have an omnivorous diet. They have loose skin around the necks, and fin-like ears. They are from the high-gravity world of Malastare. They, many of thousands of years ago, were an ape like species that crawled around in the trees. They usually built their primitive colonies on the west most continent on there planet. Dugs are known for their ill-tempered manners, and they often feel the need to show their strength by engaging others in fights to establish dominance.

It was about eight thousand years ago when the Galactic Republic first built an outpost on the planet of Malastare, because of the good position along the Hydian Way trade route. Along with the Galactic Republic a large group of Gran colonists settled on the planet. The first contact between the Gran and the Dugs was bloody, and a very long war ensued.

The violence was settled by the Republic in the Gran's favor. Stripped from all political power, for their planet, they were forced from their homes and then put on the out-skirts of their own planet. Dugs had little more to do than be subservient laborers that worked for little more than nothing.

The best known Dug is a Pod racing champion named Sebulba, who is from Pixelito on Malastare.


Based on the information from: www.starwars.com

Dug (?), n. [Akin to Sw. dagga to suckle (a child), Dan. daegge, and prob. to Goth. daddjan. .]

A teat, pap, or nipple; -- formerly that of a human mother, now that of a cow or other beast.

With mother's dug between its lips. Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Dug, imp. & p. p.

of Dig.

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.