Born in Memphis, Tennessee on February 18, 1950, Cybill Shepherd grew up to be tall, blonde, and beautiful. Not surprisingly, she got her show business start in modeling. The two time winner of the Miss Teenage Memphis pageant (1966 & 1968) also won Model of the Year from Stewart Models in 1968. She appeared on the covers of Life, Vogue, Glamour, and People magazines.

Her first film appearance was in the highly acclaimed The Last Picture Show, written and directed by Peter Bogdanovich, with whom she would later have a long romantic relationship. What followed were a series of great and not-so-great roles on television and movies. The peak of her popularity came in 1985 when she was cast as Maddie Hays opposite Bruce Willis in the sitcom Moonlighting. The witty, well-written show featured her as the owner and lead investigator of a detective agency. The interplay between her straight, tough businesswoman character and Willis's wisecracking, and the underlying sexual tension, made it one of the most fun shows to watch in the 1980s. The show went off the air in 1989.

In addition to numerous roles on television and in movies, she has had success acting on stage, performing in "Shot in the Dark," "The Seven Year Itch," "Last of the Red Hot Lovers", "Lunch Hour," "Vanities" and "Picnic."

Among her talents is a gift for singing. She has been singing since childhood and has recorded six albums of her music, including "Mad About the Boy" with Stan Getz, "Vanilla" with Phineas Newborn Jr., "Somewhere Down the Road," "Talk Memphis to Me," and "Songs from the Cybill Show."

Her recent autobiography, Cybill Disobedience, gives an account of "how she survived beauty pageants, Elvis, sex, Bruce Willis, lies, marriage, motherhood, Hollywood, and the irrepressible urge to say what she thinks." Yes, she dated Elvis Presley in 1969. In addition to various singing engagements, she is also active in volunteer work for Voters for Choice and the American Lung Association. She still models, too, for Revlon's Ultima II products, making her "the oldest women in history to represent a major cosmetics company." She is currently engaged to Robert Martin. (The quotes in this paragraph come from her website.)

Other interesting tidbits include the fact that she is the mother of twins, Ariel and Zachariah Oppenheim, born October 6, 1987, from her marriage to Bruce Oppenheim (1987 - 1990). She also had a daughter, Clementine Ford, born in 1980, from her marriage to David Ford (1978 - 1982). Cybill was named after her grandfather, Cy, and her father, Bill.

Filmography:

Due East (2002) TV Movie
Truth About Blondies, The (2001) TV documentary
"Men Are From Mars, Women Are From Venus" TV Series (2000-2001)
Marine Life (2000) as June Nordstrom
Muse, The (1999) as Herself
Journey of the Heart (1997) as Janice
"Cybill" (1995) TV Series as Cybill Sheridan Robbins Woodbine
Last Word, The (1994) as Kiki Taylor
While Justice Sleeps (1994) (TV movie) as Jody Stokes
Baby Brokers (1994) (TV movie) as Debbie
There Was a Little Boy (1993) (TV movie) as Julie
Telling Secrets (1993) (TV movie) as Faith Kelsey
Once Upon a Crime... (1992) as Marilyn Schwary
Stormy Weathers (1992) (TV movie) as Samantha Weathers
Memphis (1991) (TV movie) as Reeny Perdew
Married to It (1991) as Claire
Picture This - The Times of Peter Bogdanovich in Archer City, Texas (1991 documentary) as Interviewee/Herself
Which Way Home (1991) (TV movie) as Karen Parsons
Alice (1990) as Nancy Brill
Texasville (1990) as Jacy Farrow
Chances Are (1989) as Corinne Jeffries
Long Hot Summer, The (1985) (TV) as Eula Varner
Seduced (1985) (TV) as Vicki Orloff
"Moonlighting" (1985) TV Series as Maddie Hayes
Secrets of a Married Man (1984) (TV movie) as Elaine
Masquerade (1983) (TV movie) as Carla
"Yellow Rose, The" (1983) TV Series as Colleen Champion
Return, The (1980) as Jennifer
Americathon (1979) as Gold Girl
Lady Vanishes, The (1979) as Amanda Kelly
Guide for the Married Woman, A (1978) (TV movie) as Julie Walker
Silver Bears (1977) as Debbie Luckman
Special Delivery (1976) as Mary Jane
Taxi Driver (1976) as Betsy
At Long Last Love (1975) as Brooke Carter
Daisy Miller (1974) as Annie P. 'Daisy' Miller
Heartbreak Kid, The (1972) as Kelly
Last Picture Show, The (1971) as Jacy Farrow

Sources:
IMDB of course
cybill.com

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.