A LieQuest 2024: A Lie Quest of Mythologically Discordian Proportions branded infomercial.
Please do not change channels.

Posted this Pungenday, the 35th day of Discord in the YOLD 3190
Principia Discordia
00042 & 00063


"Whatever your standards of proof are, they aren't relevant to me. Even my standards of proof aren't relevant to my blind faith, proof is meaningless here. I'm not even going to attempt to prove this, I simply believe it." -- NOTfnordian


CONVENTIONAL
CHAOS


(the real thing looks a lot better)


GREYFACE

In the year 1166 B.C., a malcontented hunchbrain by the name of Greyface, got it into his head that The Universe was as humorless as he, and he began to teach that play was sinful because it contradicted the ways of Serious Order, especially amongst those with copious free time.

"Look at all the order around you," he said.
And from that, he deluded honest men to believe that reality was a straightjacket affair and not the happy romance as men had known it.

It is not presently understood why men were so gullible at that particular time, for absolutely no one thought to observe all the disorder around them and conclude just the opposite. (Blind faith one might say.) But anyway, Greyface and his followers took the game of playing at life more seriously than they took life itself and were known even to destroy other living beings whose ways of life differed from their own.

The unfortunate result of this is that mankind has since been suffering from a psychological and spiritual imbalance. Imbalance causes frustration, and fear is born of frustration. And, as everyone knows, fear makes for a bad trip. Humanity has been on a bad trip for a long time now.

It is called:

THE CURSE OF GREYFACE
(THE INTRODUCTION OF NEGATIVISM)

"Those faceless gray bureaucrats turned us into to numbers, not the individualistic, free-willed, peace-loving, flower children that we were." -- David Charbonneau

To choose order over disorder, or disorder over order, is to accept a trip composed of both the creative and the destructive. Read that again: To choose order over disorder, or disorder over order, is to accept a trip composed of both the creative and the destructive. But to choose the creative over the destructive is an all-creative trip composed of both order and disorder. To accomplish this, one need only accept creative disorder along with, and equal to, creative order, and also willing to reject destructive order as an undesirable equal to destructive disorder.

The Curse of Greyface originated the division of life into order/disorder as the essential positive/negative polarity, instead of building a game foundation with creative/destructive as the essential positive/negative. He has thereby caused humanity to endure the destructive aspects of order and has prevented humanity from effectively participating in the creative uses of disorder. Civilization reflects this unfortunate division.

POEE proclaims that the other division is preferable and works toward the proposition that creative disorder, like creative order, is possible and desirable; and that destructive order, like destructive disorder, is unnecessary and undesirable.

Seek the Sacred Chao - therein you will find the foolishness of all ORDER/DISORDER.


They are the same!

They are the same!

They are the same!



--><--


--><--


Omnia Discordia


Bullshit makes the flowers
grow & that's beautiful.

Help wanted. No previous experience necessary. Martyrdom not required but highly suggested.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled noding.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.