Unlikely as it sounds, this is delicious. I made this up while I was on a curry spree but had a very limited and bizarrely stocked kitchen just before grocery day.

Ingredients:
4-5 slices of bacon, uncooked.
1 heaping tablespoon of curry powder - or more, to taste. Curry powder, not curry paste.
About a cup of lychees. You can find canned lychees at asian groceries, or if you live on the west coast (of north america, folks) you can probably find it in more mainstream supermarkets. If you can find fresh lychees, all that much better! Longan can also be substituted for a somewhat sweeter taste, but I don't recommend using canned longan - fresh is vastly better and available almost year round. Or mangosteen, but lord, if you find (fresh) mangosteen, just break out your pocket knife and eat it on the spot, don't sully it with cookery.

Directions:
Fry the bacon until it's cooked but still floppy and drain most of the grease out - keep a teaspoon or so in the pan. Slice the bacon in to chunks about an inch long and leave in the pan. Mix in the lychees and the curry powder and cook for another few minutes until everything is warm and the bacon is firmer but not crispy. Pour in to a bowl and enjoy. I like to sprinkle some poppy seeds on top.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.