My mission, given to me in a dream, is to clone the video game "Crunch Pod" that appeared in the Disney animated series Pepper Ann. After watching some video clips over and over, and applying much the same strategy I applied in how to play Mao, I present these reverse-engineered game rules:
- On the screen are three pacs for each player and a rotating elliptical ring with laser cannons.
- Player 1 and Player 2 each have a joystick and three buttons, one for each pac. Control is like Asteroids in that pressing a button gives the corresponding pac a forward thrust (with a "chomp" animation) and movement focus.
- The ring spins and fires randomly until a pac eats a quadrant of the ring, in which case the pac's button also controls the firing. It's dangerous to go in after the ring, but it can be very rewarding. After a few seconds, the quadrant regenerates.
- Lasers from the laser cannons kill pacs.
- A pac bumped from behind four times by an enemy pac dies. Consider it eaten.