When I was much younger, I'd play a little game whenever I was lucky enough to be able to eat Crispix (my mom only bought them when they were on sale). With each spoonful, I would try to catch the same number of corn-side-up pieces as rice-side-up pieces. Back then, I only thought of them as light and dark pieces, and I still don't know which side is rice and which corn. If there was an imbalance (say I at two light pieces and one dark piece in one bite), I would try to make up for it in the next spoonful (eating only one dark piece), so that at any given time, my net light-piece to dark-piece consumption ratio would be unity.

This odd little neurosis manifested itself again in 8th grade, when I was in a typing class. About midway through the semester, I'd start visualizing sentences that I read or heard, and counting out the number of characters that would be typed with the right hand versus the ones typed with the left hand (on a qwerty keyboard). After not too long, I started determining what kind of conditions I would have to apply to the sentence in order for the left hand and right hand workloads to be evened out; for instance, typing x spaces with the left thumb or the right thumb, or using left shift versus right shift for capitalized letters, and eventually, adding exclamation points and question marks to the end of a sentence if all else failed.

I still play little games like that in my head if I'm bored, but when I first started, I thought about such things uncontrollably.

Anyway, getting back to Crispix... Crispix is good for you. 1 cup (29 grams, 1.0 ounces) of Crispix contains:

  • 110 calories
  • 0g of fat
  • 0mg Cholestorol
  • 210mg Sodium
  • 35mg Potassium
  • 25g Carbohydrates
  • 2g Protein
Based on a 2000 kilocalorie/day diet, 1 cup of Crispix contains the following Percent Daily Values: Ingredients: Milled corn, rice, brown sugar, salt, malt flavoring, baking soda, ascorbic acid (vitamin C), reduced iron, turmeric color, niacinamide, zinc oxide, as well as the vitamins listed above.

CORN USED IN THIS PRODUCT CONTAINS TRACES OF SOYBEANS

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.