I like crab
. I like winter melon
. And it makes a good soup. In Chinese medicine
, they believe in heat
of the body, and overheating is bad. Some foods have lots of heat (e.g. fried foods), some cool you down (e.g. coke
, etc.) This is rumored to be very good for your health
, but I have doubts about the degree of truth in Chinese medicine
. But I drink it after a meal
, because it tastes good. I eat the crab
- Peel melon, scoop out the seeds. Slice them into bite size.
- Heat the oil in a wok, stir fry the crab with the scallion and the ginger.
- Add salt, sugar, stock and melon in a big pot with some water in it, simmer until the melon is soft.
- Thicken slightly with the cornstarch mixture.
- Serve it up after a meal.