Courteney Cox (now Courteney Cox Arquette) was born on the 15th of June, 1964 in Birmingham, Alabama the youngest of two sisters and a brother. At age 10, her parents divorced and she went with her mother. She blamed the breakup on her mother, though, and wished (as most kids do) that they would get back together. Her mother later remarried although her parents did end up getting back together in the end.

After high school where she was interested in tennis and cheerleading, Courteney studied architecture for a year in Washington. The next summer were spent in New York where she eventually did a few commercials including those for Noxzema and Maybelline. These performances led to her television debut in 1984 on the daytime soap "As the World Turns". In the same year, she appeared in Bruce Springsteen's music video "Dancing in the Dark" as the woman who gets pulled on stage by Springsteen to dance. The appearance launched her career into Hollywood as the next year she was cast as Michael J. Fox's girlfriend on "Family Ties".

With the cancellation of the "Family Ties" series, Cox kept working a variety of television and film parts including her film debut in "Masters of the Universe" in 1987. In 1994 she hit her next big break getting a part in the hit "Ace Ventura: Pet Detective". Soon after she became a household name getting the part of Monica Gellar in the huge TV hit "Friends". Interestingly enough (at least for Friends fans), is that Cox originally auditioned for the part of Rachel (which Jennifer Aniston eventually got).

It was during her part as a reporter in Scream (which later led to the same part in Scream II and III) where she met actor David Arquette. They married on June 12, 1999. She prefers 'Courteney Cox Arquette' although she says she will drop her maiden name in the future.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.