Beauty is measured in milliHelens (mH)

One Helen is defined as sufficient beauty to launch 1000 ships, therefore one mH is enough to launch one ship. For less aesthetically pleasing people, microHelens or negative Helens can be used.

Now, I don't agree with the artificial standard of beauty in any way. It puts an unreasonable amount of pressure on people to look like Barbie dolls. I dislike Barbie dolls. I like people to have personality, and, while, yes, I am shallow, and appearances do matter to me, it's not that big a thing. This w/u is a joke, and should be intended as such. If you're not Helen of Troy, don't worry.

Nobody is Helen of Troy. So what. If you're reading this, you're interesting enough to have discovered E2, which is way cooler than conforming to arbitrary social values.

Why MilliHelens don’t Measure Beauty

The reason that Helen launched a thousand ships was nothing to do with her beauty but rather her social status. She was a princess and married to a very powerful man consequently those close to her were sufficiently powerful to force a thousand shipfulls of men to come to rescue her. If she had just been your average Joanne Bloggs from down the road she might still have got a few ships full of adolescent sexually frustrated wannabe heroes but not one thousand. After all George Bush could probably launch a thousand ships but I have yet to find someone who considers him beautiful.

MilliHelens do not measure beauty but rather a mixture of wealth, looks and social grandeur.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.