When cold nights are warm, when in one another's arms.

It was the fall of my freshman year. I'd never lived in Boston before. She was next door.

She invited me to see a show with her. I don't quite remember what happened after that, besides the first time I held her hand. Then we were a couple.

It was the first time I had been in love. Exhilarating, exciting. I never knew there could be so much more to explore with another person.

I remember crossing the highway with her. It was the most dangerous thing we did. We were young, stupid, and nearly struck by a car. Luckily the driver braked in time and we made it without a scratch.

The nights were getting colder in the city, but we had something the temperature couldn't destroy.

That summer she returned to her family in Korea. She stopped answering my attempts to contact her. I eventually gave up. I never did find out why she stopped responding, but the trust was irrevocably broken.

When school started again, she told me she'd forgotten how easy it was to talk to me. She wanted to rekindle the relationship. But I was too far gone. I broke her heart like she did mine.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.