Who would have thought that Josh Schwartz, the man responsible for bringing the world Fox’s The O.C. and CW’s Gossip Girl, could ever create a show that appealed to the geeks. With NBC’s hit new show Chuck however, that’s exactly what Schwartz has done.

The show, whose tag line is “Computer geek by day, Government operative by night,” is about Chuck Bartowski, a computer technician in his 20s who inadvertently downloads government secrets that are now stored in his head. The show revolves around Chuck, and flashback’s that he has to government secrets. These secrets allow Chuck to help the NSA and CIA apprehend criminals and complete objectives. While the show is based on Chuck’s life and the events that unfold throughout it, the main characters to look out for are Morgan Grimes and Agent Sarah Walker.

Morgan is Chuck’s best friend, a fellow computer technician, and the typical nerd. He brings humor to the show through his attempts at getting girls, which all result in failing miserably.

Sarah is a CIA agent who’s main job is to protect Chuck. As a result, she plays a role as Chuck’s pretend girlfriend, although she reveals that she actually has romantic feelings for Chuck. Fuck Chuck, because Sarah is one of the hottest girls on TV.

Chuck can be found on NBC, Monday nights at 8:00 pm.

Chuck (?), v. i. [imp. & p. p. Chucked (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Chucking.] [Imitative of the sound.]

1.

To make a noise resembling that of a hen when she calls her chickens; to cluck.

2.

To chuckle; to laugh.

[R.]

Marston.

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck, v. t.

To call, as a hen her chickens.

Dryden.

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck, n.

1.

The chuck or call of a hen.

2.

A sudden, small noise.

3.

A word of endearment; -- corrupted from chick.

"Pray, chuck, come hither."

Shak.

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck, v. t. [imp. & p. p. Chucked (?); p. pr. & vb. n. Chucking.] [F. choquer to strike. Cf. Shock, v. t.]

1.

To strike gently; to give a gentle blow to.

Chucked the barmaid under the chin. W. Irving.

2.

To toss or throw smartly out of the hand; to pitch.

[Colloq.] "Mahomet Ali will just be chucked into the Nile."

Lord Palmerson.

3. Mech.

To place in a chuck, or hold by means of a chuck, as in turning; to bore or turn (a hole) in a revolving piece held in a chuck.

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck, n.

1.

A slight blow or pat under the chin.

2.

A short throw; a toss.

3. Mach.

A contrivance or machine fixed to the mandrel of a lathe, for holding a tool or the material to be operated upon.

Chuck farthing, a play in which a farthing is pitched into a hole; pitch farthing. -- Chuck hole, a deep hole in a wagon rut. -- Elliptic chuck, a chuck having a silder and an eccentric circle, which, as the work turns round, give it a sliding motion across the center which generates an ellipse.

Knight.

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck (?), n.

1.

A small pebble; -- called also chuckstone and chuckiestone.

[Scot.]

2. pl.

A game played with chucks, in which one or more are tossed up and caught; jackstones.

[Scot.]

 

© Webster 1913.


Chuck, n.

A piece of the backbone of an animal, from between the neck and the collar bone, with the adjoining parts, cut for cooking; as, a chuck steak; a chuck roast.

[Colloq.]

 

© Webster 1913.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.