The largest college at England's oldest University, CCH was founded in 1525 by Cardinal Wolsey, and refounded by Henry VIII in 1546. The buildings, among the most distinguished in Oxford, lie close to the city centre, and border a meadow which runs down to the River Thames which include Tom Tower, Wren's masterpiece.

Founded in 1546 by Cardinal Wolsey.

The master of the college is The Very Revd John Drury.

The admissions tutor is Dr Ian Thompson.

Courses not offered:

Website - http://www.chch.ox.ac.uk

See University of Oxford for a list of all courses offered by the university.

Christ Church is unique in being a university college and a Cathedral. The Dean is in charge of both the college and Oxford Cathedral. The College has many picturesque quods: Tom, Peckwater, Canterbury, Blue Boar, Meadow, St. Aldates and also has self-catered flats in the Liddell buildings named after a nineteenth Dean who was the father of Alice of Wonderland. The college has had a huge number of famous students and tutors including: John Locke, W.H. Auden, Robert Peel, W.E.Gladstone and Lewis Carroll. It is the 2nd richest Oxford College (St.John's is the richest). It has the largest number of history students for an Oxford College and is most famous for history and law. It has its own Law Library which is a vast resource for a college.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.