Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
Yield: 3 to 4 dozen
Time: 30 minutes
- Preheat oven to 325° F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler over low heat, stirring until smooth. Remove from the heat.
- Combine the flour and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream the vegetable shortening and sugar. Beat in the melted chocolate. Beat in the egg and vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Drop the dough by spoonfuls 1 1/2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets. Flatten the cookies with the back of a spoon dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until firm to the touch. Transfer to wire racks to cool.