A good lunch
dish. Not exactly "chicken rice
", it also has plenty of other additions to make it a tasty
meal. I'm particular to this because I like chicken
and I like rice
. Drink red tea
with this, as this dish
is not exactly heavy
and needs a robust
drink to go with it.
Here's how you make it. This serves 2-4 people.
- Cook rice in water in a covered pot. Bring the water to a boil then lower it to very low heat for 20 minutes.
- Heat the oil up in a wok and stir-fry the mushrooms, then put them aside.
- Add another tablespoon of oil, and scramble the eggs.
- Add in the roast pork, stir-fry. Don't add more oil.
- Add two tablespoons of oil and stir-fry the chicken until nearly cooked. Add mushrooms, roast pork, 1.5 tablespoon of salt, 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, and half the scallions. Stir-fry for a minute or two.
- When the rice has been cooked for 20 minutes, add the chicken mixture in. Mix thoroughly. Cover, and let it simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Mix in the remaining scallions and scrambled eggs.
- Eat up.