A local institution dedicated to encouraging the formation of non-commercial organization which provide services to the community. Chambers of Anti-Commerce provide intellectual capital and a place to network for potential leaders who want to create institutions whose mission is not to make money, but rather to provide for the common good. Obviously, it forms a dichotomy with Chamber of Commerce.

Example 1: If you want to start a soup kitchen, you would find literature on accounting, permits, cooking, and possible locations. You would also be able to meet other people who might be able to help, from local clergy to potential volunteers.

Example 2: You are sick of spending money in restaurants and want to be social while you are eating, so you and your friends try organize massive dinner parites, buying raw food in bulk, renting space, and using division of labor (your own). However, you don't know the first thing about organizing groups, so you go to the Chamber of Anti-Commerce, who puts you in touch with a volunteer who will act as your parliamentarian and help your group have productive, democratic meetings using rules of order to accomplish your thing.

Chambers of Anti Commerce are not yet sweeping the nation, but when they do, we can all say they started on E2.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.