The fictional bar that forms the setting for a series of science-fiction stories by Spider Robinson. A place for celebration, mutual support, group mental calisthenics, and some of the worst puns this side of the Rio Grande. The fundamental operating principle of Callahan's Place is: "Shared pain is lessened; shared joy is increased. Thus do we refute entropy." You can find on-line incarnations of Callahan's on Usenet and IRC (Undernet).

The name of the bar in Callahan's Crosstime Saloon. Callahan's Place is located on Route 25A, Suffolk County, New York. More than that, Spider will not say. Drinks were fifty cents, with an additional fifty cent deposit on the glass. Seems Mike Callahan had a lot of glasses getting thrown into the fireplace.

Callahan's Place is no more, having been blown up by a pony nuke in a successful effort to prevent invasion by a race of giant cockroaches. The regulars have all moved on to Mary's Place, run by Jake Stonebender. The drinks are a bit more expensive, and Mike doesn't come around much, but it's still a good place to be.

For those who have trouble locating The Place on Route 25A, there are two other incarnations. Look to Usenet for alt.callahans, the first virtual incarnation of The Place. Or, for some real-time conversation, get on IRC, and look for #callahans on your favorite Undernet server.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.