Buck Naked and the Bare Bottom Boys

A San Francisco, California based band, (originally from Omaha, Nebraska) whose music, in a rockabilly vein, was dubbed pornobilly thanks to their lyrics and song titles. Buck Naked (whose real name was Phillip Bury) himself used to turn up on stage wearing only cowboy boots, a cowboy hat, a guitar, and a strategically placed toilet plunger. Filling out the band were Buck's brother, Stephen Bury (taking the stage name "Hector Naked") and David Wees (known on stage as "Stinky LePew"). Despite its name, the rest of the band were always fully clothed on stage.

Often compared to the The Cramps (both in sound and in content!), their live shows were by all accounts very good (if crazy, rowdy and obscene counts as 'very good' in your book), and one show made the front page of the Wall Street Journal when it was picketed by a number of ministers and Christian groups attempting to, in their words, 'rid the city of demons and high-ranking evil spirits'.

The band came to an abrupt end in 1992 when Buck Naked was shot while walking his dog in the park by a man named Michael Kagan, an obsessive pigeon feeder. Kagan had threatened to kill anyone who disturbed his beloved pigeons, and apparently Buck's dog did just that.

Their releases comprised an EP, titled Teenage Pussy from Outer Space, and an eponymous (and posthumous) album. The track listing from the album (basically everything they ever produced) included:

  1. Luv Junkie
  2. Trouble
  3. Jelly Roll
  4. Enema Party
  5. Hard-on from Hell
  6. Horny Pig
  7. Up your Butt
  8. Sometimes (I want'cha for your money)
  9. Sit on my Face
  10. Uncontrollable Flesh
  11. Teenage Pussy from Outer Space
  12. Bend Over, Baby (And Let Me Drive)

I became aware of them because at one time someone pinned up Teenage Pussy from Outer Space over the DJ console in Studio A of KUCI 88.9 FM in Irvine, California. The cover features an outer-space scene with bent-over alien female bottoms stretching off into infinity, among other things ...

Buck Naked of this band is not, I believe, the Buck Naked known in relation to the Church of the SubGenius.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.