Bubba Gump Shrimp Company actually has 10 (as of time of this writeup) restaurants across the U.S. ("it's a household name!"). I went to the one in New Orleans last week.

In addition to New Orleans and the SF one mentioned in the above writeup, other locations include Breckenridge Colorado; Charleston, South Carolina; Chicago; Kona, Hawaii; Monterrey; Maui, and Oahu.

The one in New Orleans has a ton of Forrest Gump memorabilia on the walls, but didn't have any screens with the movie playing.

Many menu items are named after various things in the film ("Lieutenant Dan's Drunken Shrimp", among others)

For those that didn't see the movie "Forrest Gump", in the film Forrest's best friend Bubba loved shrimp and after Bubba died, Forrest started a shrimping business and became rich. The restaurants are a take off of that.

...Like I was saying, Shrimp is the fruit of the sea.

You can Barbecue it, Boil it, Broil it, Bake it, Sauté it...

There's Shrimp Kebabs, Shrimp Creole, Shrimp Gumbo...

Pan fried, Deep fried, Stir fried...

There's Pineapple Shrimp, Lemon Shrimp, Coconut Shrimp, Pepper Shrimp, Shrimp Soup, Shrimp Stew, Shrimp Salad, Shrimp and Potatos, Shrimp Burgers, Shrimp Sandwich...

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.